Lab & Facilities Operations Tech (Media/Glassware) (Temp)
Indigo, Boston, MA
Harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet
Lab & Facilities Operations Tech (Media/Glassware)
Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. http://www.indigoag.com/
The role of the Laboratory Operations Support Temp will be to support the Laboratory and Facilities Team, and the rest of the Indigo Agriculture team in their efforts to enable a highly productive, efficient, and safe laboratory environment by supporting ongoing laboratory operation tasks.
Support on-going laboratory operations with a significant emphasis on receiving and opening
Support on-going laboratory operations with a significant emphasis on media preparation, sterilization of lab items, and glassware maintenance
Provide support function for the laboratory organization
Provide support function for the facilities organization
Help supporting the facilities and infrastructure in the laboratory
Help enforce Indigo’s safety policies and good work practices
- A customer-oriented philosophy with the ability to prioritize amongst many tasks and stakeholders.
- An enthusiastic learner with an attention to detail and high level of responsibility and maturity.
- A passion for Indigo and our core values.
- An ability to think creatively about identifying and optimizing workflows.
- Work autonomously and in a self-directed manner but always within the expectations of and parameters set by their manager.
- Sets and maintains high standards for self.
- Possess strong EQ (interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills).
- Communicate both positive and negative issues in an open, direct, and straight-forward manner.
- Demonstrate a team-oriented style, strong work ethic, and professional conduct.
- At a minimum, a High School degree with >1 year of experience working in biological laboratories in an industrial or academic setting.
- Ideally, an Associate degree in science or engineering field with >2 years of industrial biotech experience in a laboratory support capacity.
- Higher levels of education in a related field (biology, microbiology, molecular biology etc.) may be counted towards work experience.
About us Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, grow healthy food for all, and conserve resources for future generations. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, rice, corn, and soybeans. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with commercial and customer service based in Memphis, TN.
Want to learn more about Indigo? Visit Indigo's website.
Jobs You May Like
Quality Control Supervisor
Home Chef, 2200 Lithonia Industrial Blvd. Lithonia, GA 30058
Client Experience Associate
PolicyGenius, New York
Contentful, Berlin, Germany
Sales Operations Analyst
Postmates, San Francisco
Penumbra, Alameda, CA
Senior Project Manager