Indigo, Memphis, TN
Harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice. The company, founded by Flagship Pioneering, is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
Indigo has an exciting opportunity in our Food and Fiber Marketing division. We are looking for a Grain Merchandiser to lead our cash merchandising efforts in wheat, corn, soy, and rice, and cotton. This roll will be responsible for creating and executing on merchandising strategies for millions of bushels of grain annually, as well as thousands of acres of cotton production, and will need to build out a team of commodity experts to run regional efforts within the U.S. You must be able to work with a diverse multicultural group of people and build effective long-lasting relationships. You must be able to make decisions, work independently and be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and have proven leadership capability. This role will report to the SVP of Food & Fiber.
- Build a team of Grain Merchandising experts and lead the efforts to secure the best possible outcomes for Indigo grain sales.
- Work in a fast-paced environment that thrives on finding creative solutions.
- Be a leader that shapes the formation of a vital group within the company.
- Form and execute strategies for market positioning.
- Communicate market price changes and information to customers, marketers and grain product line members.
- Monitor and interpret the macro-trends of financial markets and the global economy that can impact the respective commodity prices in the short, medium and long term.
- Maintain existing customer base and identify, develop and build new opportunities.
- Reconcile P&L daily and be involved with month end market valuations.
- Purchase and sell commodities using available market data, market knowledge and expertise to attain the most cost effective and therefore most profitable results.
- Develop merchandising strategies unique to regional locations and consistent with company goals.
- Maintain a sound understanding of rail and truck transportation for commodity shipment. Keep abreast of transportation rates and make the most effective decisions involving procurement and logistics.
- Support department control by completing monthly reports.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with other operating departments to assure the company functions as a coordinated group.
- Review contract runs and take care of overfills and underfills.
- Understands and embodies our purpose & core values and what makes Indigo different from other companies
- Demonstrates personal and/or professional passion for our core value
- Widely viewed as someone who personifies our core values, is committed to them, and leans on them when making difficult decisions
- Must be able to read and understand a daily position report (long & short)
- Able to work within soy, corn, wheat, cotton, and rice markets
- Team player and ability to collaborate on cross functional teams
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Proactive and forward thinker
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Ag Business, Ag Economics, or other business-related program
- 5 plus years of Grain Procurement or Merchandising experience
- Experience working with international teams
- Experience managing a P&L
- Bought into Indigo mission
About us Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, grow healthy food for all, and conserve resources for future generations. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, rice, corn, and soybeans. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with commercial and customer service based in Memphis, TN.
Want to learn more about Indigo? Visit Indigo's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Business Development Manager PL
indaHash, Poland, Warsaw
Digital Health Coach (Remote - Milwaukee - Credential Required)
Omada Health, Remote - Milwaukee
Analyst, Supply Chain Operations
Allbirds, Allbirds HQ
Accounts Receivable Specialist
Lightspeed, Amsterdam, NL
Operations PM Shift Supervisor
thredUP, Duluth, GA