Head of Seed Treatment Applications
Indigo, Boston, MA
Harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice. The company, founded by Flagship Pioneering, is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
The role of Head of Seed Treatment Applications will be responsible for Indigo seed applied product candidates testing and evaluation through conventional and modern seed treatment and planting methods and equipment, to ensure commercial fit. This role interacts cross functionally with Indigo technical and commercial functions in US and globally.
- Setup and manage seed treatment testing function with capabilities at lab and pilot scale
- Ensure and acquire relevant efficient seed treatment and plantability testing equipment for lab and pilot scale
- Build capability and capacity to treat Field Trials, Greenhouse, Grow Room seed internally to support Product Development and Product Positioning functions.
- Conduct the testing of the seed coating characteristics and interpret the outcome including: flowability, dust-off, plantability and other critical properties.
- Work with commercial functions to ensure alignment on seed treatment protocols and testing.
- Bridge between formulation development and commercial seed treatment
- Prepare user guidelines for commercial seed treatment using Indigo products
- Coordinate and execute seed treatment scale up trials
- Provide feedback and interact with Formulations team from a treater/handling perspective to ensure a commercial fit of the formulations and product candidates
- Characterize commercial formulation candidates for appropriateness and commercial fit in seed treatment and planting equipment
- Understands our purpose and core values and what makes Indigo different from other companies
- Demonstrates personal and/or professional passion for our core values
- Widely viewed as someone who personifies our core values, is committed to them, and leans on them when making difficult decisions
- Expertise, experience and clear understanding of Seed Treatment and Seed Treatment equipment at commercial and relevant lab/pilot scale
- Clear understanding and hands-on expertise in characterization and evaluation of seed treatments and coatings. Practical understanding and experience in associated equipment, instruments and protocols
- Expertise to be a “linking pin” between Formulations and Commercial Seed Treatment functions
- Safety awareness
- Team player and expert advisor to Formulations and Manufacturing team
- Understanding of care-abouts for seed handlers, seed treaters and growers
- Experience and desire to lead people
- Forward thinking, innovative and flexible
- Minimum of 3 years, preferably 5 years in seed treatment products applications testing at industrial setting and scale
- Bachelor’s degree at minimum
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to trouble shoot equipment
- Extensive experience with seed treatment
- Prior experience taking unproven seed treatments (or other relevant technologies) to commercial scale
- Ideally having experience with technical service within the seed treatment industry
- Willing to move to Boston area where position is based
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
About us Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, grow healthy food for all, and conserve resources for future generations. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, rice, corn, and soybeans. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with commercial and customer service based in Memphis, TN.
Want to learn more about Indigo? Visit Indigo's website.
Jobs You May Like
Optician, NorthPark Center
Warby Parker, Dallas, TX
Senior Operations Associate
Client Service/Operations Representative
Stockpile, Pasadena, CA
Customer Success Lead
Medallia, San Mateo, CA, USA
Customer Support Manager
NexTravel, San Francisco, CA
HelloFresh, Richmond, CA