Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Basel, Switzerland, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
The role of the Agronomist is to delight Indigo growers with world-class crop advisory services. Indigo Agronomists will have the opportunity to work with a group of forward-thinking growers that have planted Indigo product on their acres – key responsibilities include but are not limited to: field scouting, crop monitoring, inputs recommendations, soil sampling, and crop budgeting/planning with the ultimate goal of maximizing grower profitability. The agronomist will have the opportunity to create lasting relationships with a core grower base, partner with Indigo Account Managers to help growers succeed financially and promote sustainable farming practices that are good for the environment.
- Build grower relationships such that the grower deeply trusts and respects their advice
- Achieve yields above region average on fields managed while operating on a typical farm budget
- Maximize Indigo’s gross margins (on absolute gross profit/acre basis)
- Creates a strong feedback loop between Agronomists and Agronomy Center of Excellence and Technology organization at Indigo
- Collects detailed data from farms by field
- Key implementer of focused sourcing and has strong communication skills to loop back to R&D organization
- Clear communication skills
- Strong business sense and understanding of economics
- Focused on farm profitability, not necessarily max yield
- Loves continual learning, agile in approach, not set in their own ways, not a “know it all”
- Able to work in the Indigo method
- Able to put their own biases on the table
- Able to interpret technology and tools to provide data driven information to growers
- Strong relationship management
- 2-5 years of experience in region in a leading agronomy role
- Masters or Bachelors in Agronomy
- Experience in a specific region / crop
- May come from farm management companies
- Has strong knowledge of farming, may have farming background
Location: TURKEY, city of choice (please indicate your preferred region in the application)
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.
About us Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, grow healthy food for all, and conserve resources for future generations. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, rice, corn, and soybeans. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with commercial and customer service based in Memphis, TN.