Key Account Manager, Hungary
Harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet
Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Basel, Switzerland, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
Currently we are looking for various Key Account Managers to drive Indigo market entry strategy in Hungary. This role will immediately identify target growers and promote Indigo innovative biological treatments and digital technologies, as well as promoting Indigo Marketplace and Carbon. Key Account Managers will work rather independently while the Europe team provides adequate support and guidance.
- Takes overall market and business development accountability within predefined area in Hungary
- Establish network of cereal and corn growers as target customer list
- Organize grower meeting events to present Indigo and its microbiome seed treatment and digital technologies, as well as its Marketplace and Carbon Credits opportunities
- Design locally adapted value proposition and business models that accelerate Indigo technology adoption
- Partners with grower customers resulting in their adopting Indigo solutions (treated seed, digital technologies, Marketplace, and Carbon
- Identifies and operationally manages seed treatment partners to secure adequate Indigo-coated seeds
- Follow up through the season until harvest to assess product yield uplift
- Promote MarketplaceTM as part of Indigo overall offer within target grower customers
- Support development of a network of feed/ bread mills as MarketplaceTM buyers within own area
- Support design of scale-up strategy and the assessment of distribution partners
- Stay aligned with Europe business unit direction and team
- Maintains grower accounts, sales stages, important notes, and sales process information in salesforce.com CRM tool and utilizes other sales enablement technologies provided to them
- Strong self-starter, comfortable in rapidly changing and entrepreneurial agtech start-up environment
- Commercially minded, sales-results oriented, highly confident, deal closer
- High energy, positive attitude, goal-getter, never-give-up mindset
- Passionate about agriculture, crop production and sustainability
- Good understanding of cropping practices, seed genetics and downstream mill quality/ value drivers
- Open minded to new plant microbiome and digital technologies that shape the future of agriculture
- Very comfortable discussing business in front of growers and agronomy technical advisors
- Strong record keeping, organizational and multitasking skills
- It is highly preferable that a candidate brings a strong network of growers within their target area
- Ideal candidate has a strong experience in cereal/corn seeds marketing and sales within Hungarian market, candidates with outstanding sales or technical agribusiness background also considered
- Master’s degree or equivalent in agricultural engineering, agronomy, marketing or similar
- Hungarian language (native level), strong English skills
Location: HUNGARY, city of choice (please indicate your preferred region in the application)
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.
About us Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, grow healthy food for all, and conserve resources for future generations. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, rice, corn, and soybeans. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with commercial and customer service based in Memphis, TN.
Want to learn more about Indigo? Visit Indigo's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.