Research Associate I, Biotic Stress
Indigo, North Carolina
Harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice. The company, founded by Flagship Pioneering, is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
The Biotic Stress Research Associate I will develop and execute experiments designed to support the evaluation of Indigo's proprietary microbes.
- Support development of high throughput screening and optimization assays for Biotic Stress. Perform data collection and recording.
- Prepare culture media for plant and pathogen growth by following defined SOPs and using sterile technique.
- Perform plant growth and maintenance including sowing seeds for production assays, sampling plants and watering plants.
- Characterize plants and optimize phenotyping processes.
- Provide research support by maintaining supply of clean glassware, autoclaving supplies and waste.
- B.S. degree in biology, microbiology or other life sciences
- Ability to work efficiently across functions and with diverse teams of collaborators spanning disciplines and geographies
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Copes effectively with complexity and change. Comfortable with ambiguity. Experience in a startup environment is preferred.
- Efficient. Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Critical thinking. Attention to detail. Organized, methodical, and meticulous.
- Proactive. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Work Ethic. Possesses a strong willingness to work hard to get the job done and setting an example for the team.
- Communication. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately.
- Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
- Position type: Full-time employee
About us Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, grow healthy food for all, and conserve resources for future generations. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, rice, corn, and soybeans. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with commercial and customer service based in Memphis, TN.
Want to learn more about Indigo? Visit Indigo's website.
Jobs You May Like
Business Development Executive - Ho Chi Minh
Lalamove, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Sales Development Representative
Honest Buildings, New York
Key Account Associate of Seed Partnerships
Indigo, Memphis, TN
Outside Sales Representative
Instacart, San Francisco
Software Engineer C# - Multiple Openings
Bluebeam, Inc., Pasadena, Chicago or San Diego