Sr. Manager, Biological Product Management
Harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet
What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
The Microbial Product Management team is responsible for defining and driving the strategic roadmap for Indigo’s microbial seed treatment products. We work cross-functionally with colleagues around the world to identify market opportunities, define value propositions and product specifications, and set and track key performance targets. As a Senior Manager, you will build a framework for managing microbial active ingredients and associated product lifecycles across global markets. You will drive the portfolio lifetime strategy (introduction, growth, maturity, decline) to maximize return on investment and total value creation across the global Indigo core and adjacent markets.
- Design and execute a framework for managing Indigo microbial products lifecycle
Develop a roadmap of value propositions for key established microbial products to further increase their market penetration on strategic crops and geographies to
- increase revenue
- increase profitability
- increase customer satisfaction
- Develop a roadmap of value propositions for key established microbial products for leveraging on adjacent markets
- Leverage data to understand the performance and potential of the microbial products. Identify areas of opportunity and provide strategic direction to marketing and the Microbial team.
- Become a “voice of the customer” through the lifecycle of the products
- Add on innovations that keep the established microbial products continuously exciting to our customers
- Focus on value engineering and identify the needs for established microbial products improvements
- Become an active member of Indigo Product Management team globally, with experience in operating in multicultural business environment, international markets, especially in technical business in biologicals category
- Understands biological products as a category
- Understands agricultural markets, preferably seed treatment
- Experienced in “end to end” product lifecycle management, preferable on agricultural market
- Experienced in portfolio strategy and value-based positioning
- Experienced in operating in multicultural business environment, international markets, especially in technical business in biologicals category
- Excellent internal and external communications and presentation skills
- 5+ years of experience in technical products management and LCM
- Undergraduate degree in life sciences, plus advanced degree in relevant field, preferably in business
- Excellent knowledge in agribusiness markets
Location: flexible, within the United States
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.
About us Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, grow healthy food for all, and conserve resources for future generations. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, rice, corn, and soybeans. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with commercial and customer service based in Memphis, TN.
Want to learn more about Indigo? Visit Indigo's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.