Software Engineer, Marketplace Platform
Indigo, Boston, MA or Remote
Harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet
Software Engineer, Marketplace Platform
The Software Engineer, Marketplace Platform will engineer interfaces for Indigo’s Marketplace offering with a focus on backend applications supporting automated trading, financial engineering and operations research at scale. This person is responsible for maximizing code reusability while also considering API design, model deployment considerations, and the testability of the APIs. This person will also be a critical member of a highly efficient and cohesive engineering team that is focused on the customer’s needs and requirements.
- Design APIs that software developers love to use
- Collaborate with architects to identify and gain sign-off for API deployment
- Partner w/ UI & API team to ensure seamless integration of DSE deliverables into SW platform.
- Implement microservices architecture in AWS
- Ensure that all APIs are fully tested in an automated framework, including functional and performance tests
- API scaling/performance profiling experience
- Passion for developing easy-to-use and customer-delightful APIs, working directly with and demonstrating a deep understanding of the end-user / customer
- Passion for software development and modern software development practices, including lean and agile
- Deep commitment to quality, reliability, scalability and maintainability
- Egoless and works and interacts well with software engineering, product management, data scientists and non-technical users
- Passion for Indigo mission and values
- Great listener and communicator, written and oral
- Technically knowledgeable and not afraid to technically challenge engineers
- Ability and passion to quickly learn new technologies and industries, staying up-to-date with technology and best practice trends
- Results oriented, demonstrating a passion to release software, while not compromising on quality and being sensitive to the specific needs for the customer and the application’s usability
- 1+ years of experience building internal and / or external APIs required
- Understanding of API design, including versioning, isolation and micro-services (REST or GraphQL)
- Experience designing and documenting internal and external (commercial) APIs leveraging an API documentation framework (e.g. Apiary, Swagger)
- Experience with deployments to cloud environments
- Experience with containerization (Docker)
- Experience with version control (git)
- Actively practicing lean / agile software methodologies or similar
- Experience writing functional and unit testing
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.
What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
About us Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, grow healthy food for all, and conserve resources for future generations. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, rice, corn, and soybeans. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with commercial and customer service based in Memphis, TN.
Want to learn more about Indigo? Visit Indigo's website.
See jobs at Bluecore