Senior Software Engineer, Carbon Data Management
Indigo, add location
Harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet
We’re an international agtech startup aspiring to revolutionize a budding industry where agriculture meets technology. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming experts, who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge technologists and scientists on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer. Indigo is extraordinary, and we owe that to the people who make up our community and enable success through the diversity of thought, experience, background, perspective, race, sexuality, gender, age, and everything else that makes a person uniquely themselves. Connected by a common vision and empowered by diversity, we aren’t ordinary, and neither are you. Embrace your extraordinary and join Indigo in cultivating a healthier planet fueled by unique game-changers.
Indigo helps farmers make farming more sustainable to combat climate change and protect the environment. Our grain, carbon and transportation marketplaces enable farmers to profit from those sustainable choices.
Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo Ag helps farmers make farming more sustainable to combat climate change and protect the environment. Our grain, carbon, and transportation marketplaces enable farmers to profit from those sustainable choices.
Making Carbon Credits - and fighting climate change is the process - at scale is in large part a Data Problem. The Carbon Data Management team is responsible for building and maintaining all infrastructure and tools we need to deal with the data of our Program. The work of this team is at the center of everything we do.
About this role:
As an engineer on the Carbon Team you will:
- Collaborate with Product Managers and other Engineers to spec, build, test, and deploy code.
- Review code, have your code reviewed, and develop code documentation.
- Be comfortable working with uncertain requirements and help draft software requirements.
- You are an independent self-starter, self-disciplined, who is collaborative and able to communicate with other teams of engineers and non-engineers.
- You have 4+ years of experience working as a software engineer or in a similar role
- You can communicate efficiently and effectively.
- You are a fast learner and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have proven engineering and coding skills, data structure knowledge, and strong troubleshooting skills.
- You enjoy learning, have a talent for organization and breaking down large problems into smaller ones.
- You have experience working with large, complex datasets.
- You have a degree in a Scientific or Engineering field, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Python is a big plus.
- Experience with AWS, Geospatial Data, and SQLAlchemy is a big plus.
We’re building the technology to feed the world and fight climate change. We believe that through teamwork we can achieve more to benefit all of agriculture: from farmers to consumers to the planet.
Game changers don't fit in a box. The requirements listed above are examples of what we think enables success in this role, but we recognize the impossibility of fully capturing a singularly perfect description, and we believe in the power of diversified and creative displays of skills and qualifications. We embrace the unconventional. We embrace creativity. We embrace a challenge to the status quo. If the specifications in the list above aren’t an exact match… great! Apply, be you, and be proud that you aren’t ordinary (we certainly aren’t!).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Generous time off
- Parental leave
- A remote-first organization with flexible work hours
- 401(k) plan
- Competitive compensation including stock options
About us Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, grow healthy food for all, and conserve resources for future generations. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, rice, corn, and soybeans. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with commercial and customer service based in Memphis, TN.
Want to learn more about Indigo? Visit Indigo's website.
The project management platform built for software development teams
Tech Jobs For You
Software Dev Senior Principal Engineer - C and C++ with Machin...
SonicWall, Bangalore, Karnataka, India