Are you passionate about technology? Have a strong technical background? Have worked on SaaS, PaaS, IaaS? Do you like solving complex problems and have a flair for marketing? If so, come join our Technical Product Marketing team! We are looking for multi-dimensional rockstars with deep technical expertise to own and lead the marketing efforts of InfluxDB Cloud 2.0, aka our newest cloud platform!
Our time series platform is seriously one of a kind and our users range from developers, site reliability engineers (SREs), admins, architects, and more. As the Technical Product Marketing Manager, not only are you familiar with the persona of our users and speak their language, you can also translate technical benefits to a wide range of audiences. If you’re a sales engineer, product manager, or something similar, who wants to bridge the gap to marketing, this might be a great fit for you.
This role is based out of your San Francisco office, local candidates only please (we do not offer relocation assistance).
What you’ll be doing:
- Articulate the technical benefits of the platform in a public setting, including speaking at technology conferences, company and partner events
- Create technical product positioning, messages, and use-case driven demos that will be used by cross-functional teams
- Fuel marketing and sales efforts by leading webinars and developing a rich pipeline of technical: demos, white papers, case studies, and more
- Evangelize new features, and highlight competitive advantages of our stack and upcoming releases in webinars and demos
- Translate complex technical topics into simple marketing concepts for diverse technical and non-technical audiences, turning deep and raw technical information into clear, easily-consumable, high-impact content that brings the value prop home
Your skills and experience:
- 5+ years of relevant experience; proven depth of technical knowledge, previous software development experience is highly preferred
- Demonstrated track record in crafting compelling developer-focused positioning and marketing content
- Previous marketing experience with SaaS products in the B2B infrastructure space
- Previous experience working with the developer audience
- Superior communication skills; both written and verbal, including presentation and facilitation skills
- A “whatever it takes to get the job done right” attitude
A Plus if you have:
- Experience working with the open-source audience
InfluxData, creator of the open source time series database InfluxDB, empowers developers and organizations to build transformative monitoring, analytics and IoT applications quicker and to scale. Our purpose-built platform handles the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers.
We’re a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story.
We offer fantastic benefits, including:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to FSA and commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life lnsurance, short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.
Who we are At InfluxData, we see the state of time-based data and have a strong vision about how to move forward — a vision born of our authentic experiences and a conviction that drives us to be the modern engine propelling next-generation systems: a platform that empowers builders to create great things as this data revolution unfolds. We are singularly focused on reducing the Time to Awesome ™, we truly care about helping developers and businesses get to results faster with less complexity and less code. InfluxData delivers a complete Open Source Platform built specifically for metrics, events, and other time-based data — a modern time-series platform. Whether the data comes from humans, sensors, or machines, InfluxData empowers developers to build next-generation monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications faster, easier, and to scale delivering real business value quickly. InfluxData is a Y Combinator success story, backed by Battery Ventures, Trinity Ventures, Mayfield, and Bloomberg Beta. Based in San Francisco, InfluxData customers include eBay, Mozilla, Barclay’s, and NIST.
Want to learn more about InfluxData? Visit InfluxData's website.
Jobs You May Like
Visual Designer, Design Systems
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Redwood City
Venmo, San Francisco
2019-20 Upper School Computer Science Instructor (part-time)
Khan Lab School, Khan Lab School
Endurance International Group, Waltham, MA
Associate IT Administrator
Vox Media, Washington, DC
Senior Manager - Product