At InfluxData, we focus on developer happiness and fastest time to awesome. At the core of this mission is a commitment to open source and the amazing community that contributes to it every day. We are the company supporting InfluxDB, the most popular Time Series Database in the world, and the open source products that power the InfluxData platform.
In this role, you’ll be a Product Manager for the open source offerings of InfluxData. Your focus will be oriented towards ease of use of the platform as a whole and focused on the developers who are storing, analyzing and creating tasks for metrics and events.
You’ll collaborate with our world-class engineers and product team to oversee the prioritization and planning of new capabilities, ensuring the security, and scale of the platform overall, and you’ll be working closely with the team to clarify requirements based on customer and community feedback.
You’ll also need to know how to manage your own time efficiently and work collaboratively with peers in other parts of the organization including documentation, QA, product marketing, support, and developer evangelists. We are a remote friendly company, so you will also need to be comfortable collaborating with people located across the world.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drive feature development and task breakdowns across multiple development teams focused on our open source products.
- Organize weekly agile planning meetings with the engineering teams, during which upcoming features are discussed and prioritized
- Represent our users and provide needed feedback on new feature design and development to the team.
- Give engineers the user context they need to build amazing things.
- Frequently consult with users, sales, and our community members to gather feedback on future product requirements
- Take a hands-on approach for developing demonstrations utilizing the product and highlighting its key differentiators
- Write blog posts which surface valuable information about product developments and progress
Your skills and experience:
- +3 years experience as a Product Manager at a minimum (experience with open source software is preferred)
- 1-2 years of experience as a developer a plus
- DevOps or data center monitoring background a plus
- Superior communication skills; both written and verbal- with the ability to build strong relationships at all levels
- Natural curiosity and ability to understand complex technical systems
InfluxData is the creator of the leading time series database, InfluxDB. The InfluxData platform is built on the open source projects – Telegraf, InfluxDB, Chronograf, and Kapacitor.
We’re a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to FSA and commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life lnsurance, short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.
Who we are At InfluxData, we see the state of time-based data and have a strong vision about how to move forward — a vision born of our authentic experiences and a conviction that drives us to be the modern engine propelling next-generation systems: a platform that empowers builders to create great things as this data revolution unfolds. We are singularly focused on reducing the Time to Awesome ™, we truly care about helping developers and businesses get to results faster with less complexity and less code. InfluxData delivers a complete Open Source Platform built specifically for metrics, events, and other time-based data — a modern time-series platform. Whether the data comes from humans, sensors, or machines, InfluxData empowers developers to build next-generation monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications faster, easier, and to scale delivering real business value quickly. InfluxData is a Y Combinator success story, backed by Battery Ventures, Trinity Ventures, Mayfield, and Bloomberg Beta. Based in San Francisco, InfluxData customers include eBay, Mozilla, Barclay’s, and NIST.