Are you interested in Internet of Things (IOT), Real Time Streaming Analytics, DevOps, or building systems to solve very interesting real-world problems? InfluxData is looking for our next Sales Engineer who not only has a love of technology but also has a passion for helping customers discover what is possible and designing solutions to solve problems.
In this role, you will partner with the Enterprise and Territory sales team members in addition to the Professional Services, Support, Product Management and Engineering teams to educate prospects and customers, contribute to future product requirements and ultimately increase revenue and growing our customer base.
We are open to candidates in the San Francisco Bay Area and Chicago.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with the InfluxData Sales team to drive revenue
- From a technical perspective, own the sales cycle, working with your partners on the sales team
- Maintain the technical relationship with your customers
- Be an advocate for prospects and customers with the InfluxData Engineering, Product and Support Teams
- Build strong relationships across teams
- Educate prospects and customers about InfluxData products and how they can be leveraged
- Understand the needs of prospects and customers, helping them design solutions addressing their requirements and exploring the “Art of the Possible”
- Develop a deep understanding of the InfluxData products and technologies and work closely with Engineering and Sales to resolve critical technical issues
- Write content for blogs, community, etc.
Your skills and experience:
- 4+ years experience as a Sales Engineer in an Enterprise Software company
- Excellent presentations skills (verbal & written)
- A creative mindset to help customers realize what is possible and the ability to be able to explain complex technical problems in a simple way
- Proven ability to build relationships at all levels, internally and externally
- Coding chops. Whether your language of choice is Go Lang, Java, Python, Ruby or even shell, it’s important for members of the field team to be capable of cracking open an editor and digging in to better help our customers
- Linux Beyond the Fundamentals. The more knowledge you have of Linux the better. Hands on with multiple distributions is a plus
- Ability to travel at least 30% of the time
- Proven experience remaining flexible and adaptable in a constantly changing environment
A plus if you have:
- A background with any sort of database system whether its relational, key-value store, or a document store. Basic SQL wouldn’t hurt either.
- Knowledge or experience with Containers and/or orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Consul, Apache Mesos or DC/OS
- Open Source Software and Git.
- Data. InfluxData is about time-series data
- Architectures- having an understanding or background of distributed or clustered systems will definitely help
- Experience with Cloud Providers such as AWS, GCE, or Microsoft Azure
InfluxData provides a modern time series platform that has been designed from the ground up to handle metrics and events (time-series data). The InfluxData platform is built on the open source projects – Telegraf, InfluxDB, Chronograf, and Kapacitor.
We're backed by Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures.
We offer fantastic benefits including:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to FSA and Commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.
Who we are At InfluxData, we see the state of time-based data and have a strong vision about how to move forward — a vision born of our authentic experiences and a conviction that drives us to be the modern engine propelling next-generation systems: a platform that empowers builders to create great things as this data revolution unfolds. We are singularly focused on reducing the Time to Awesome ™, we truly care about helping developers and businesses get to results faster with less complexity and less code. InfluxData delivers a complete Open Source Platform built specifically for metrics, events, and other time-based data — a modern time-series platform. Whether the data comes from humans, sensors, or machines, InfluxData empowers developers to build next-generation monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications faster, easier, and to scale delivering real business value quickly. InfluxData is a Y Combinator success story, backed by Battery Ventures, Trinity Ventures, Mayfield, and Bloomberg Beta. Based in San Francisco, InfluxData customers include eBay, Mozilla, Barclay’s, and NIST.
Want to learn more about InfluxData? Visit InfluxData's website.
Jobs You May Like
Principal iOS Engineer
Instacart, San Francisco
Part Time Digital Marketing Instructor
General Assembly, Austin
Senior Software Engineer
TravelPerk, Barcelona - Spain
Repair Technicians (Mobile Phones + Tablets)
SquareTrade, New Jersey
Solutions Architect - France