InfluxDB Cloud is the world’s leading time series database offered as a multi-cloud service, deployed and managed by InfluxData, and running in all three clouds (AWS, GCP and Azure). The Application team at InfluxData builds the UI that is the face of the InfluxDB Cloud. We have built the core set of end user functions - exploring, graphing, transforming and analyzing time series data - but there is a huge opportunity to refine and to build additional capabilities in our UI. We are looking for a senior engineer who is ready to join a tight-knit team delivering a world-class user experience that delights our customers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing, developing, testing and delivering UI components for the InfluxData Cloud service - this means everything from building beautiful visual components to talking to the backing metadata services. The front-end is written in React, Redux, and TypeScript. Ideally you are comfortable working not only on the front-end, but also have some working knowledge of Docker containers, REST APIs, and shell scripting.
- Working with the design team and other stakeholders and subject matter experts to take new UI ideas from the whiteboard to our production service.
- Mentoring fellow teammates by pairing and code reviews.
- Helping to establish and reinforce best practices for how we design, deliver and test our services in a CI/CD environment.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- 5+ years of professional engineering experience in front-end development
- Prior experience building and shipping multi-tenant cloud software.
- Working knowledge of Git (and GitHub).
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Cypress, Mocha, and Jest.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with non-relational databases. Even better if you’ve used time-series databases.
- Prior professional experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment software development into public cloud environments.
- Prior work experience using agile software development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc).
- Prior experience with the Go Language
*We are unable to sponsor visas at this time (new or transfers) in any location*
We currently support employees in these US States (AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OK, OH, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA.) If you are in a state we don't yet support, we are happy to look into registering in the US state. Internationally, we support employees in the UK, Germany, Italy and Canada.
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story. Headquartered in San Francisco, InfluxData’s workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quicker and to scale.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to your FSA
- Flexible Time Off - take the time you need
- Life Insurance, short and long term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- Wellness programs
- ....and more perks!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
Who we are At InfluxData, we see the state of time-based data and have a strong vision about how to move forward — a vision born of our authentic experiences and a conviction that drives us to be the modern engine propelling next-generation systems: a platform that empowers builders to create great things as this data revolution unfolds. We are singularly focused on reducing the Time to Awesome ™, we truly care about helping developers and businesses get to results faster with less complexity and less code. InfluxData delivers a complete Open Source Platform built specifically for metrics, events, and other time-based data — a modern time-series platform. Whether the data comes from humans, sensors, or machines, InfluxData empowers developers to build next-generation monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications faster, easier, and to scale delivering real business value quickly. InfluxData is a Y Combinator success story, backed by Battery Ventures, Trinity Ventures, Mayfield, and Bloomberg Beta. Based in San Francisco, InfluxData customers include eBay, Mozilla, Barclay’s, and NIST.
Want to learn more about InfluxData? Visit InfluxData's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.