We are looking for a rockstar product manager to join our Product team specifically focused on enhancing the capabilities of our InfluxDB Cloud platform to scale it to be the time series platform of choice for developers and builders of cool IOT and other monitoring products to build on top of. As a Senior Product Manager for InfluxDB Cloud Platform, you will be responsible for all the underlying platform capabilities supported by InfluxDB Cloud including gateway services, write, query, task and storage tiers.
In this role you will:
- Be the biggest advocate for our customers and users within the company, by frequently talking to customers and understanding their use case, jobs they do, things they obsess over, tools they use, etc. You will use this knowledge every day to build their user experience with InfluxDB Cloud a little bit better.
- Understand the customer journey from when they build awareness with our InfluxDB Cloud platform to when they deploy and scale their applications on top of our platform.
- Identify how we as a company engage and help these customers along their journey at scale and help communicate and fix any gaps/areas of improvement by working with various stakeholders such as Marketing, Engineering, Support, Sales etc.
- Partner with the Platform Engineering teams to roll out the platform capabilities that our customers desire and in the process build the best in class InfluxDB Cloud platform.
- Own and be responsible for the product backlog including shipping features iteratively and making it better over time.
- Be data driven in identifying key metrics to track feature adoption as well as make decisions about further investment and prioritization.
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams including Design, Growth, Support, Marketing etc.
What you bring to the team:
- 5+ years of experience in a Product Manager role with a B2B SaaS product
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a developer / application builder role
- Hands-on experience with a public IaaS or a PaaS service. Bonus points for experience with containerized, microservices architecture using Kubernetes.
- Strong communication skills with an emphasis on written and verbal communication.
- Strong customer empathy and passion about making great products.
- Understanding of data management and data analytics technologies such as Redshift, Athena, Presto is a plus.
- Knowledge of identity management, access control, in a SaaS/Cloud environment is a plus
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story. Headquartered in San Francisco, InfluxData’s workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quicker and to scale.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to FSA
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life lnsurance, short- and long-term disability insurance
- ....and more!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.
Who we are At InfluxData, we see the state of time-based data and have a strong vision about how to move forward — a vision born of our authentic experiences and a conviction that drives us to be the modern engine propelling next-generation systems: a platform that empowers builders to create great things as this data revolution unfolds. We are singularly focused on reducing the Time to Awesome ™, we truly care about helping developers and businesses get to results faster with less complexity and less code. InfluxData delivers a complete Open Source Platform built specifically for metrics, events, and other time-based data — a modern time-series platform. Whether the data comes from humans, sensors, or machines, InfluxData empowers developers to build next-generation monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications faster, easier, and to scale delivering real business value quickly. InfluxData is a Y Combinator success story, backed by Battery Ventures, Trinity Ventures, Mayfield, and Bloomberg Beta. Based in San Francisco, InfluxData customers include eBay, Mozilla, Barclay’s, and NIST.
Want to learn more about InfluxData? Visit InfluxData's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.