Senior Big Data Software Engineer
Insider, Istanbul, Turkey
The First Integrated Growth Management Platform
A Senior Big Data Software Engineer in Insider day in and day out:
- designs, implements and maintains a large data infrastructure that provides direct access to large data sets and computing power,
- collaborates with other teams to extract, transform and load data from other data sources implementing APIs and using big data technologies,
- participates in design reviews for new vehicles and services,
- monitors performance and SLA to create and maintain big data architecture,
- provides leadership in a technical sense and implements the necessary infrastructure or changes
We want you to join us while we are taking a step into the future if you:
- graduated from Computer Engineering or a similar department,
- know how to develop or manage event-oriented architecture or microservices,
- have strong experience in working with distributed computing technologies such as Spark, Hive, Hadoop,
- have experience with NoSQL databases in a production environment such as Elasticsearch, Cassandra / ScyllaDB, Redis, etc.
- have experience in working with real-time processing frameworks such as Spark Streaming, Flink etc.
- have + 2 years of experience in high availability data architectures, data modeling, ETL development and data warehouse building / running,
- have experience with editing tools like Airflow, Luigi etc.
- have 1+ years of experience in software development,
- have a good knowledge of software development lifecycle best practices, (Agile Methodologies, Coding Standards, Code Reviews, Resource Management, Development Processes, Testing and Operations)
- are experienced in developing serverless technologies or working with technologies such as Lambda, API Gateway, SNS, SQS, MQ,
- have experience with Product Recommendation Systems, machine learning platforms and search engine systems,
- have advanced English skills,
- are a true problem solver, proactive and curious person,
- like to push the boundaries, improve yourself and take initiative
If you join us, your measurements of success will be:
- having the maximum personal planning accuracy,
- having competitive average task release time,
- bug free development,
- having no incidents,
- having agile mindset,
While exporting our technology to the world, we offer you:
- “Tech Talks” with famous and groundbreaking people from the software world, “Dev Talks” where our Software Developers talk about their career steps, and many events where groundbreaking ideas are discussed,
- Hackathons we organize inside that push the boundaries, programming challenges, and coding competitions,
- Free access to exclusive services such as Laracast, Egghead, Udemy, Blinkist, Masterclass, Amazon Kindle, and Spotify
- Shareowner System that we offer to all Insiders who meet certain criteria
- Inclusive Private Health Insurance
- Multinet to cover food expenses covered on a monthly basis
- Team Activities that are bursting with fun,
- No Dress code! This is a fast and innovative startup, you can wear whatever you want.
Insider Growth Management Platform (GMP) helps digital marketers drive growth across the funnel, from Acquisition to Activation, Retention, and Revenue. Leveraging real-time predictive segmentation powered by deep Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning capabilities, GMP empowers marketers to deliver personalized journeys across web, mobile web, mobile apps, and ad channels. Built on a unified data layer, GMP is easy to implement and simple to use, avoiding the need for complex integrations and dependency on IT teams. Insider simplifies the life of digital marketers and helps them drive growth for their brands, with zero marketing waste. Insider is a technology company with offices in London, Singapore, Tokyo, Dubai, Moscow, Warsaw, Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta, Istanbul, Kiev, Sydney, Seoul, Ho Chi Minh City, Bangkok, Hong Kong and Taipei. Insider was listed as one of the 100 Hottest Startups by WIRED Magazine and won Red Herring Top 100 Europe in 2017. Crunchbase has recently ranked Insider’s co-founder and CEO Hande Cilingir as one of the top three women CEOs outside of the US. Helping world’s leading brands grow beyond the speed of customer expectations, Insider is trusted by over 300 businesses across various industries including UNIQLO, Singapore Airlines, Tokopedia, Virgin, New Balance, Nissan, Huawei, Samsung, Orange, Puma, Ticketmaster, Newsweek, Air Arabia, Media Markt, AVIS, Allianz, BBVA, Domino’s, McDonald’s, Avon and CNN.
Want to learn more about Insider? Visit Insider's website.
The social news and entertainment company.