Instacart, San Francisco, CA, Multiple Locations
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
Instacart is building the best way for people anywhere in the world to shop for groceries. Since Instacart started in 2012, we’ve launched same-day delivery in 200 US markets. We are laser focused on delivering groceries from your favorite stores right to your door. We now cover over 60% of US households and aim to have 80% coverage by the end 2018—that's 90 million households! From a technology point of view, the platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time all of the time. Our technology coupled with operational expertise enables Instacart to deliver fresh groceries in as little as an hour. This is a difficult problem to master and we are making it happen. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is absolutely magical.
Instacart’s Cashiers are a key player in our shopping model. Cashiers ensure that orders completed by In-Store Shoppers are checked out quickly and accurately and are staged properly for a successful delivery. They must be able to work well in a fast-paced environment. They are responsible for ensuring that we are compliant with grocery cashiering laws and that our customers are being charged accurately for their order.
- Provide high-quality customer service in accordance with Instacart’s customer service standards and policies and procedures.
- Quickly and accurately check out groceries and other items of varying weights that In-Store Shoppers have shopped
- Become an expert in the grocery store POS system, including memorizing 100 most common PLU codes
- Ensure items being checked out for orders are of excellent condition
- Work with In-Store shoppers and Shift Leads to ensure a smooth shopping experience
- Maintain a clean and safe check stand area
Bagging, Tagging, and Staging Orders (20%)
- Bag items carefully and in accordance to best practices to help ensure that they arrive to the customer in perfect condition
- Tag all bags correctly with order information to ensure that delivery drivers can easily locate bags
- Place bags in the staging area in their proper locations
Assisting Delivery Drivers (10%)
- Help delivery drivers as needed with locating their orders
- Be courteous and explain the pick-up process to new delivery drivers
- Previous customer service and retail experience (1+ year required)
- Previous experience on a grocery POS system (3 months+ required)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to deliver customer service that meets or exceeds customer needs
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Reliable and responsible
- Knowledge of products, product pricing, and store layout
- Ability to use basic math skills
- Ability to work well on a team in a fast paced environment
- Ability to quickly check out multiple, large orders on a complex POS system
- Ability to be upright and mobile for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. regularly throughout shift
- Ownership of and familiarity of a recent smartphone (iPhone 5 or above or Android 4.0+)
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.