Principal Product Manager, Catalog
Instacart, San Francisco
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
Instacart is building the best way for people anywhere in the world to shop for groceries. Since Instacart started in 2012, we’ve launched same-day delivery in 200 US markets. We are laser focused on delivering groceries from your favorite stores right to your door. We now cover over 60% of US households and aim to have 80% coverage by the end 2018—that's 90 million households! From a technology point of view, the platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time all of the time. Our technology coupled with operational expertise enables Instacart to deliver fresh groceries in as little as an hour. This is a difficult problem to master and we are making it happen. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is absolutely magical.
Are you passionate about understanding products and identifying opportunities? Are you entrepreneurial and eager to build your ideas? Do you enjoy digging into metrics and see your work impact the customer and business? Do you love working on different parts of the product and learning lots of different things as a result? Do you care about a customer’s first experience with the product and reducing churns throughout their lifecycle?
If any of the above interests you, let’s talk!
What You'll Be Doing
Instacart maintains the largest catalog of grocery products in the country. By working with over 150 retail and CPG partners, the team maintains accurate price, availability and factual information for millions of products on shelves across the country.
As the Principal Product Manager for Catalog you will lead a cross-functional team to continuously improve Instacart's catalog of products as well as the tools and infrastructure used to increase the quality of the catalog.
You will do so by working with our Catalog Analyst, Design, Engineering, Data Science, and Data Analyst teams to develop, prioritize, and execute roadmaps, strategic plans, and individual projects/features in the relevant product area.
What You Should Already Have
- A minimum of 4+ years in Product Management at a technology company
- A minimum of 2+ years experience leading teams working on online catalogs, data cleaning & warehousing or inventory related products for an e-commerce company
- Experience with gathering, cleaning, and standardizing data needed for e-commerce catalog development through both algorithmic means and scaled semi-manual techniques such as crowdsourcing, image processing, and optical character recognition (OCR)
- Superior data and analytical skills including the ability to define and decompose relevant metrics and to directly perform data analysis in SQL or similar
- Appreciation and understanding of consumer psychology and its impact on new product adoption
- Deep intuition and strong passion for developing great user experiences
- Ability to develop strong roadmaps and strategic plans as well as to provide execution details through product specifications
- Strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate & communicate with a wide range of team members from every function and at every level
- Bachelor's or advanced degree, ideally in a technical or quantitative discipline. MBA a plus.
What We'll Set You Up With
- Talented and collaborative coworkers who will both push and support you
- Market competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it)
- 16 weeks maternity leave / 8 weeks paternity leave so you can truly bond with your child
- Complimentary Instacart Express membership — so you can use our product without paying a delivery fee
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
Jobs You May Like
Digital Product Manager
Red Ventures, Pasadena, CA
Senior Product Manager
littleBits, New York
Product Marketing Manager
Ematic Solutions, Jakarta, Indonesia
Director of Product Marketing
Patreon, San Francisco
Digital Editor - Cameras and Photography
Time Inc., London, United Kingdom