Principal Product Manager, Search & Data Products
Instacart, San Francisco
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
Instacart is building the best way for people anywhere in the world to shop for groceries. Since Instacart started in 2012, we’ve launched same-day delivery in 200 US markets. We are laser focused on delivering groceries from your favorite stores right to your door. We now cover over 60% of US households and aim to have 80% coverage by the end 2018—that's 90 million households! From a technology point of view, the platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time all of the time. Our technology coupled with operational expertise enables Instacart to deliver fresh groceries in as little as an hour. This is a difficult problem to master and we are making it happen. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is absolutely magical.
Are you passionate about understanding products and identifying opportunities? Are you entrepreneurial and eager to build your ideas? Do you enjoy digging into metrics and see your work impact the customer and business? Do you love working on different parts of the product and learning lots of different things as a result? Do you care about a customer’s first experience with the product and reducing churns throughout their lifecycle?
If any of the above interests you, let’s talk!
What You'll Be Doing
As the Principal Product Manager for our Search & Data Products you will build & leverage Instacart's rich e-commerce dataset to deliver world-class Search, Personalization, & Recommendation products to Instacart's customers.
You will do so by working with our Design, Engineering, Data Science, and Data Analyst teams to develop, prioritize, and execute roadmaps, strategic plans, and individual projects/features for achieving our search & data product goals.
What You Should Already Have
- A minimum of 4+ years in Product Management at a technology company
- A minimum of 2+ years experience leading a Search or Personalization team for a consumer technology company
- Strong domain knowledge in optimizing search products including experience with search relevance ranking, query understanding & rewriting, and best-in-class UI and navigation patterns for search
- Strong understanding of data & recommendation products including use of machine learning techniques for generating recommendations and best-in-class UI patterns for recommendation presentation
- Experience with gathering, cleaning, and standardizing data needed for search & recommendation product development through both algorithmic means and scaled semi-manual techniques such as crowdsourcing, image processing, and optical character recognition (OCR)
- Superior data and analytical skills including the ability to define and decompose relevant metrics and to directly perform data analysis in SQL or similar
- Deep intuition and strong passion for developing great user experiences
- Ability to develop strong roadmaps and strategic plans as well as to provide execution details through product specifications
- Strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate & communicate with a wide range of team members from every function and at every level
- Bachelor's or advanced degree, ideally in a technical or quantitative discipline. MBA a plus.
What We'll Set You Up With
- Talented and collaborative coworkers who will both push and support you
- Market competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it)
- 16 weeks maternity leave / 8 weeks paternity leave so you can truly bond with your child
- Complimentary Instacart Express membership — so you can use our product without paying a delivery fee
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director, Product Management - InfluxCloud
InfluxData, San Francisco
Product Support Team Lead APAC
Cherwell Software, Denver, CO
Product Manager - Experiences (Guest Demand)
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Moat, New York
Insikt, San Francisco
Senior Software Engineer
Braintree Payments, Chicago