Senior Data Engineer, Partner Integrations and Finance
Instacart, San Francisco
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
Instacart is building the best way for people anywhere in the world to shop for groceries. Since Instacart started in 2012, we’ve launched same-day delivery in 200 US markets. We are laser focused on delivering groceries from your favorite stores right to your door. We now cover over 60% of US households and aim to have 80% coverage by the end 2018—that's 90 million households! From a technology point of view, the platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time all of the time. Our technology coupled with operational expertise enables Instacart to deliver fresh groceries in as little as an hour. This is a difficult problem to master and we are making it happen. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is absolutely magical.
The Data & Analytics team at Instacart is new and you will have the opportunity to shape its direction and create large impact.
The ideal candidate is able to build and maintain robust, scalable and sustainable data pipelines. Furthermore, they are well-versed in the best practices of data processing, but is flexible enough to think outside the box whenever necessary. The Senior Data Engineer should be no stranger to high-scale systems with complex data models and large amounts data coming from various sources. Our successful partnerships with our 100+ Retailer and Consumer Packaged Goods partners are heavily dependent on deep data integration and our ability to provide enterprise level analytical solutions.
- Work closely with business stakeholders and other engineering teams to gather technical requirements
- Provide senior-level contribution to a team responsible for the design, implementation, deployment and maintenance of complex data pipelines.
- Work on integration between various internal and external systems.
- Contribute the continual improvement of the Instacart data platform via your observations and knowledge gained from your involvement and KPI's
- Work in a collaborative environment -- meetings, iterative development and design and code review sessions
- Expert level proficiency in SQL. Ability to perform complex data analysis with large volumes of data. Attention to details.
- Working experience with variety of data storage technology, including columnar databases and Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience in data warehousing including dimensional modeling concepts
- Proficiency in at least one of the scripting languages: Perl, Python or others
- Experience with Big Data technologies, e.g., Hadoop, Spark
- Hands-on experience building real-time or near real-time data pipelines is a big plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or other quantitative field
- Talented and collaborative coworkers who will both push and support you
- Market competitive salary, equity
- Medical, dental, vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it)
- 16 weeks maternity leave / 8 weeks paternity leave so you can truly bond with your child
- Complimentary Instacart express membership
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
Jobs You May Like
Web Developer | FanSided
Time Inc., Scottsdale, AZ
Software Engineer, Analytics Products (Superset)
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Android Developer (m/f) Berlin
Experience Designer (m/w)
Autonomous Quality/Test Engineering Manager
Lyft, Palo Alto, CA