Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Instacart, San Francisco, CA
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
We're looking for experienced machine learning engineers to join our fast moving team. We work on a range of interesting and challenging problems, from making sure deliveries are efficient and on-time to helping customers decide what to buy. Machine learning is at the heart of this effort and an essential ingredient in Instacart's aggressive growth plan and vision for the future.
We love machine learning engineers who are motivated not only by researching new solutions, but by owning the problem end to end. There is tremendous opportunity in front of us, and joining now gives you a chance to grow your career and interests as we succeed.
Your day to day…
- You will be dedicated to a small cross-discipline product team, with tremendous ownership and responsibility for managing things directly.
- You will be an active member of an internal community of data scientists, operations research scientists and machine learning engineers sharing learnings, best practices and research across many domains.
- You will ship high quality solutions with a sense of urgency and speed.
- You will work closely with engineers, product managers, other teams, and both internal and external stakeholders, owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution.
- You will have the freedom to suggest and drive organization-wide initiatives.
- 3+ years of industry experience using machine learning to solve real-world problems with large datasets
- A graduate degree in artificial intelligence, machine learning or equivalent self study and experience
- Self-motivation and a strong sense of ownership
- A blend of data engineering, machine learning and product innovation skills that let you jump into a fast paced environment and contribute from day one
- Strong programming skills in Python and fluency in data manipulation (SQL, Spark, Pandas) and machine learning (scikit-learn, XGBoost, Keras/Tensorflow) tools
- An ability to balance a sense of urgency with shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Extensive experience building scalable machine learning systems and data-driven products working with cross functional teams
- Willing and able to travel internationally based on job requirements
- Expertise in machine learning for search optimization, discovery driven recommendations, or advertising optimization
- Expertise in natural language and/or image processing for e-commerce catalog quality, enrichment and optimization
- Expertise in combining machine learning and operations research to solve optimal routing or inventory management problems
- Expertise with deep learning methods and their practical application at scale
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
Jobs You May Like
Solutions Engineer - EMEA (Italian speaking)
Intermediate iOS Developer (SDEII)
TradeRev, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Senior Software Engineer, Data Platform
Visa, Palo Alto CA, US
International Trade Compliance Manager
Cloudflare, San Francisco, CA, Austin, Texas or Washington D.C.
Tapingo, Tel Aviv
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Desktop Metal, Main Office - Burlington