Senior Product Manager, Logistics
Instacart, San Francisco
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
Every few years, a company appears that transforms an industry. Instacart has the chance to be one of those companies, and you could be one of the early people that shape Instacart and help us change the way people shop.
Each time a grocery delivery reaches an Instacart customer, technology is at the scene and behind the scene. Our team is actively seeking individuals who are passionate about technological, business and operational innovation.
Logistics team works with operations and other technology teams to become experts in both their present day operations and their future business needs. The team applies this expertise to:
- Drive the optimization of fulfillment using technology and operations
- Build processes that improve productivity, reduce costs and reduce defects
- Launch new tools, processes and programs
Our work makes a large and profound impact on people's lives by saving them time and changing the way they shop for and think about food. Join us!
What You'll Be Doing
As a Product Manager of Logistics, you will work with a cross-functional team will help create and execute the strategy for the organization. The successful candidate will work alongside the talented team of Data scientists, Operational research scientists and Engineers to deliver a world-class Logistics capability. This role offers an opportunity to make business-critical decisions that will minimize network costs while continuing to increase the speed at which we deliver our customer’s orders. This individual will work with teams across Finance, Retail, Technology and Field Operators to help deliver key strategic initiatives.
What You Should Already Have
- A minimum of 4+ years experience in Data Science, Operations Research, Machine Learning Engineering, or similar discipline focused on data-driven optimization
- World-class data retrieval, manipulation, and analysis skills including the ability to define and decompose relevant metrics and to directly perform data analysis in SQL or similar
- Strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate & communicate with a wide range of team members from every function and at every level
- String organizational skills and an operations mindset
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in a technical or quantitative discipline. MBA a plus.
What We'll Set You Up With
- Talented and collaborative coworkers who will both push and support you
- Market competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it)
- 16 weeks maternity leave / 8 weeks paternity leave so you can truly bond with your child
- Complimentary Instacart Express membership — so you can use our product without paying a delivery fee
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit https://careers.instacart.com/
Jobs You May Like
Pivotal Cloud Foundry Solutions - Senior Product Manager, Field Delivery
Pivotal Software, San Francisco, Chicago, Denver, New York
ISV/Strategic Partner Manager (West)
Pivotal Software, San Francisco, California
Product - General Applications UAE
noon.com, Dubai, UAE
Associate Product Manager
Endurance International Group, Waltham, MA
Sr. Manager, Product Development (Personal Care)
Glossier, New York, NY