Senior Software Engineer, Growth
Instacart, San Francisco
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
Instacart is building the best way for people anywhere in the world to shop for groceries. Since Instacart started in 2012, we’ve launched same-day delivery in 100+ major US markets. We are laser focused on delivering groceries from your favorite stores right to your door. We currently cover over 49% of US households and aim to have 80% coverage by Q1 of 2018—that's 90 million households! From a technology point of view, the platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time all of the time. Our technology coupled with operational expertise enables Instacart to deliver fresh groceries in as little as an hour. This is a difficult problem to master and we are making it happen. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is absolutely magical.
Are you passionate about understanding products and identifying opportunities? Are you entrepreneurial and eager to build your ideas? Do you enjoy digging into metrics and see your work impact the customer and business? Do you love working on different parts of the product and learning lots of different things as a result? Do you care about a customer’s first experience with the product and reducing churns throughout their lifecycle?
If any of the above interests you, let’s talk!
- Be part of a collaborative, cross-functional and fast-paced team.
- Developing full stack features on different parts of the product.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers and data analysts to understand the users and optimize Instacart’s growth funnels.
- Come up with hypothesis and verify with fast prototyping and product iterations.
- Own a large part of the process from ideation to production.
- Architect systems to manage all user’s touch points: emails and notifications.
- Experience working with a large codebase on a cross functional team.
- Passion for experimentation and new ideas.
- Data-driven and attention to detail.
- Self-motivation and ability to drive high level goals and deliver results.
- Experience with growth projects and A/B testing
- Great sense of design and UX
- Strong ability to analyze data
- Passion for understanding product and business
- Experience with iOS / Android
- Talented and collaborative coworkers who will both push and support you
- Market competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it)
- 16 weeks maternity leave / 8 weeks paternity leave so you can truly bond with your child
- Complimentary Instacart express membership
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit https://careers.instacart.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer, Android
MyFitnessPal, San Francisco, CA
AppLovin, Palo Alto, CA
Senior Software Engineer - Commerce
Twitch, Seattle, WA
Data Team Lead
TripleLift, New York
Sr. Multimedia Stack Developer
Magic Leap, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA