Shift Lead (Part Time)
Instacart, Indianapolis, IN
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
The Part Time Shift Lead will drive Instacart's success inside our retail partner stores by coaching a team of cashiers and personal shoppers and maintaining and improving in-store operations. The Part Time Shift Lead will manage day-to-day on-the-ground operations in partnership with Local Operations Teams to deliver high quality orders for customers in an efficient manner.
Instacart is building the best way for people anywhere in the world to shop for groceries. Since Instacart started in 2012, we’ve launched same-day delivery in 200 US markets. We are laser focused on delivering groceries from your favorite stores right to your door. We now cover over 60% of US households and aim to have 80% coverage by the end 2018—that's 90 million households! From a technology point of view, the platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time all of the time. Our technology coupled with operational expertise enables Instacart to deliver fresh groceries in as little as an hour. This is a difficult problem to master and we are making it happen. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is absolutely magical.
This position is located in and around Indianapolis, IN
What You'll Be Doing
Shopper Coaching and Team-Building
- Provide continuous structured training and support to shopper team to help them achieve individual performance goals in speed and quality of service
- Onboard new employees through store-specific processes and in-person coaching
- Build morale in-store and foster a collaborative, team-oriented work environment through positive reinforcement and management of difficult behavior when necessary
- Exemplify the highest standards of professionalism and integrity to promote the culture, values and mission of Instacart
In-Store Operations Management
- Ensure orders are fulfilled to the highest standard of quality and accuracy
- Identify and clear leftover bags caused by driver error and canceled orders
- Manage a clean and efficient working environment for employees
- Become an expert and go-to-resource on the shopping process and store layout
- Utilize existing resources, tools, and team to quickly identify and solve any store, shopper and customer issues
- Maintain in-store equipment and staging areas through troubleshooting and proactive communications regarding broken equipment and/or supply stock outs
- Ability to work in a high stress environment
- Help maintain a strong and positive relationship with store management in partnership with Instacart operations team
What You Should Already Have
- 1+ year of retail or food service management experience or 6+ months experience as a top performing personal shopper, driver, full service shopper, or cashier at Instacart
- Proven ability to take ownership and meet goals
- Strong customer service experience
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with a diverse group of people
- Strong supervisory, teambuilding, and leadership skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Expert problem solver
- Solid understanding of mobile apps
- Basic knowledge of food / groceries
- Ability to consistently and reliably work 20-30 hours a week
- Ability to work regularly on weekends
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs regularly throughout shift; must be able to remain standing or walking, including up and down stairs, during shift
- $15 / hour, up to or 29 hours per week
Please submit an updated resume and answers to the following questions on a separate document via email to [email protected]. Please make the subject of your email “PT Shift Lead Application”. Applicants who fail to submit both a resume and short answers in the desired format will not be considered for the position.
Please provide answers to the following questions on a separate word document and attach the document to your email. Please answer each question in 200 words or less.
- Describe a time when you demonstrated creativity and resourcefulness to solve a problem independently
- Please identify the most important leadership quality you possess and describe how it has helped you in past experiences
- Please describe a time when you provided constructive feedback to
- If hired as a PT Shift Lead at Instacart, what would your desired schedule be? Please comment on whether you would be able to work on both Saturdays and Sundays on a weekly basis.
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sales Support Associate (Full-Time/Part-Time) - Aspen
rag & bone, Aspen, CO
Technical Support Engineer
Hortonworks, Raleigh, NC
Outbound Sales Consultant
Endurance International Group, Waltham, MA
Part Time Shift Lead
Instacart, Fairfax, VA
Vendedora - São Paulo
AMARO, São Paulo, Brazil
Customer Service Representative
Endurance International Group, Loveland, CO