Instacart, San Francisco, CA
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
- You will be part of a small team, with a large amount of ownership and responsibility for managing things directly
- Collaboration with product managers, other teams, and both internal and external stakeholders, owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution
- Shipping high quality solutions with urgency
- Championing Android: educating colleagues about subtleties & unique capabilities of the platform and leveraging them when building new features
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science with 2+ years of software development experience and at least 2 years of Android app development experience
- Strong development skills in Java and with Android SDK
- Good general programming and algorithm skills
- A strong sense of ownership
- An ability to balance a sense of urgency with shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Willingness and ablilty to travel internationally based on job requirements
- Experience with RxJava
- Interest in Kotlin
- Data Driven mindset
- Automated testing experience
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer - Mobile