Catalog Analyst, Retail Accounts
Instacart, San Francisco
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
Instacart is building the best way for people anywhere in the world to shop for groceries. Since Instacart started in 2012, we’ve launched same-day delivery in 200 US markets. We are laser focused on delivering groceries from your favorite stores right to your door. We now cover over 60% of US households and aim to have 80% coverage by the end 2018—that's 90 million households! From a technology point of view, the platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time all of the time. Our technology coupled with operational expertise enables Instacart to deliver fresh groceries in as little as an hour. This is a difficult problem to master and we are making it happen. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is absolutely magical.
Are you passionate about understanding products and identifying opportunities? Are you entrepreneurial and eager to build your ideas? Do you enjoy digging into metrics and see your work impact the customer and business? Do you love working on different parts of the product and learning lots of different things as a result? Do you care about a customer’s first experience with the product and reducing churns throughout their lifecycle?
If any of the above interests you, let’s talk!
What You'll Be Doing
As a Catalog team member, you will be the data backbone and project management link supporting Instacart’s partner and operational priorities. You will be the primary technical point of contact with numerous retailer partners across the country. Working at the edge of expansion -- supporting and refining existing operations -- you will own the launching of new partners and markets.
You are the perfect mix of analytical, technical, and operational: pulling, sanitizing, and analyzing data; applying critical thinking to make recommendations; and informing major catalog and operations decisions. Catalog team members work cross-functionally with our world-class Engineering, Business Development, and Operations teams.
You will be an expert on Instacart’s data processing systems and act as a resource for other team members across the nation in the diagnosis, planning, and execution of data catalog projects.
What You Should Already Have
- 2-4 years work experience in a relevant field with demonstrated cross-functional and collaborative project or team management experience
- Polished communication skills and comfort working with internal and external stakeholders including major retailers and CPG companies
- Proficient in SQL, advanced Excel, and/or other data visualization tools to deep dive into data, identify and quantify opportunities, and design sustainable improvements and solutions
- Proven track record of designing and implementing process improvement projects from start to finish in a resource-constrained environment
- A strong analytical skill set, comfortable manipulating large data sets and an understanding of databases and data integrity principles
- Proven success working in teams
- A self-starter with the ability to quickly respond to problems independently
- A strong sense of ownership in your work
What We'll Set You Up With
- Talented and collaborative coworkers who will both push and support you
- Market competitive salary, equity
- Medical, dental, vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it)
- 16 weeks maternity leave / 8 weeks paternity leave so you can truly bond with your child
- Free lunch and dinner in the office; fully stocked kitchen and snack pantry
- Complimentary Instacart Express membership
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director, Engineering - Sync
Dropbox, San Francisco, HQ
Senior Product Manager
Honey, Downtown Los Angeles
Product Manager, Data Products
BuzzFeed, New York
Junior Recipe Developer for the Belgian market - English version
Endurance International Group, Burlington, MA
Postmates, San Francisco