Instacart, Toronto, Ontario Canada
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
As a Design Manager, you’ll primarily be responsible for mentoring a team of designers. These designers perform research, sketch and explore solutions, and solve problems for our merchants. They're responsible for collaborating with the content team, research team, product managers and engineers to ensure the quality of their design work is of the highest standard.
In your application, please include a short note about your background and interests, your Github username, and/or links to any projects that represent your skill set.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
- Responsible for building and developing an interdisciplinary team of visual and interaction designers through research, strategy development, conceptualization, product definition, and design of our amazing product! As the critical key contact for product design, you will own and manage all raised issues, from the moment of occurrence right up to the delivery of resolution to our Partners.
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- Knowledge on how to create and maintain world-class user experiences that lead to the success of our customers
- A proven track record of designing apps that have a 4+ rating in Apple and Android app stores (show us examples!)
- Eagerness to work with customers to define needed functionality, and is accepting of feedback to generate the best possible outcomes
- Extensive knowledge of Sketch, Adobe CC, Axure RP or other tools for generating wireframes and specifications
- Passion and belief in culture and leadership
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager (DC)
Nava, Washington, DC
Technical Product Manager
Flatiron School, NYC
Group Product Manager, Air
Flexport, San Francisco
Principal Product Manager
OfferUp, OfferUp HQ - Bellevue, WA
Senior Manager, UX Design
OnDeck, New York, NY
Senior Experimentation Analyst (m/f/x)