Product Leadership, Retention (Growth)
Instacart, San Francisco, CA
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
This is a Manager role where you will need to set a vision and strategy for how we retain people, collaborate with cross-functional leaders in Fulfillment, BizDev, and CPG, and also hire and support PMs for your teams. This newly formed pillar is comprised of four teams: Notifications Growth, Recurring Orders, Express Membership, and Order Feedback. A brief description of each is as follows:
- The Notifications Growth team creates the organic and campaign strategy for notifications (push, email, SMS) to drive increased app usage and prevent churn. Notifications are valuable tool to help people remember when to reorder, become aware of time-sensitive notifications, keep track of their existing orders, and discover new products and services that are relevant to them.
- The Recurring Orders team creates new features and improves current functionality that makes it easier for consumers to re-order grocery products, whether 1-time or on a recurring basis. This includes improving our strategy and execution of the "Buy it Again" feature, creating a "Subscribe & Save" functionality for predictable purchases, create and optimize speciality buying campaigns (about highly relevant sale items, seasonal offers, free delivery during specific time windows, etc) by leveraging the notifications platform, in-app promotions, and storefront.
- The Express Membership team creates a strategy for Express as an ecosystem that increases product adoption by adding features that address new/more jobs to be done by customers (more savings, better delivery availability, exclusive offers, loyalty rewards, etc). This team also optimizes funnels to help new, stale, and churned Express subscribers deepen their engagement.
- The Order Feedback team owns the the UI and data analysis of customer feedback critical to retention / churn prevention. This team will work closely with Fulfillment teams to find collaborative solutions for improving retention.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
- Build capacity by hiring, supporting, and investing in the PMs on their team but is also willing to dive in when necessary and get your hands dirty to help as we build and scale the company
- Lead using principles and clear frameworks to help inform how we make decisions, and will be inclusive with cross-functional partners to drive the best overall outcome
- Highly accountable for their output and that of the team but also creates an environment where teams and PMs are encouraged to take calculated and informed strategic risks
- Live and breathe the value of driving impact but is also an advocate and voice for building the right experience for the user
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- 4-5 years in Product Management at a technology company
- Experience building cross-platform experiences (mobile, desktop, mobile web)
- Experience delivering impactful products and features that are heavily informed by data as well as user research
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems by creating customer-first solutions and thinking from first principles
- Passion for building products that unlock value for people who are not power users
- Experience influencing the Executive Team members on key strategy and cross-functional initiatives
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.