Instacart, Toronto, Ontario Canada
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
We're looking for experienced Engineers to join our fast moving team. We work on a range of interesting and challenging problems, from supporting thousands of concurrent shoppers and processing millions of data points in real time, to determining the best route for deliveries and predicting store inventory levels.
We love Full-Stack Engineers, not only capable of building a solution but owning the problem end to end. There is a tremendous amount of opportunity in front of us, and joining now gives you a chance to grow your career and interests as we succeed.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day...
- Be part of a small team, with a large amount of ownership and responsibility for managing things directly.
- Ship high-quality solutions with a sense of urgency and speed.
- Work closely with product managers, other teams, and both internal and external stakeholders, owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution.
- Have the freedom to suggest and drive organization-wide initiatives.
- Travel to the SF headquarters as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Motivation and an enjoyment for a startup environment
- A blend of product, system, and people knowledge that lets you jump into a fast paced environment and contribute from day one
- An ability to balance a sense of urgency with shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Extensive experience working with a large codebase and cross-functional teams
- Strong work sense of ownership
- Willingness and able to travel internationally based on job requirements
- Interest or experience in distributed systems
- Strong ability to analyze data
- Experience with AI / learning / data modeling
- iOS / Android experience
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
Jobs You May Like
Machine Learning Engineer
Triplebyte, San Francisco
Software QA Engineer - Endpoint
Malwarebytes, Santa Clara, CA
Checkr, San Francisco
Index Exchange, Toronto (North York)
Contact Centre Solutions Engineer
Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test - Web
Peloton, New York, NY