Instacart, Los Angeles, CA
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Operations Managers bring the analytic firepower to the Field Operations team. Operations Managers are responsible for determining staffing models, running cost-benefit analyses, creating new operational process flows, understanding tradeoffs of various fulfillment models and much more. They use complex data and analytics get the right people in the right places with the right tools and processes to serve our customers.
In addition to utilizing data to drive continuous improvement in their respective geographies, Operations Managers also have accountability for specific locations and directly manage Shift Leads and Site Managers so that they can develop as managers and organizational leaders. Operations Managers also take key roles on national-level strategic projects and work hand-in-hand with other Instacart functions to help achieve our goals.
Operations Managers report up to Senior Operations Managers or General Managers
- Strategic mindset to develop and execute against long-term projects and goals
- Ability to understand and articulate how different metrics affect each other
- Professional-level written and verbal communication
- Advanced data fluency, able to generate detailed multi-component analyses
- Ability to create and execute a multi-stakeholder work-plan
- Natural collaboration skills and comfort working with different functions and stakeholders
- Leadership, can set a path, delegate tasks, and motivate multiple layers of an organization
- High emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills, ability to develop deep and trusting relationships
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback and a desire to continuously get better
- Relentless hustle and willingness to do whatever it takes to solve for the customer
- Pride of ownership to put your name next to your stores' performance
- Ability to prioritize among multiple inbound asks; stays highly organized
- Persuasiveness, capable of influencing senior leaders and retail partners
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ years in finance, consulting, supply-chain operations, or data-driven project management
- Fluency in Excel, Google Docs Suite, and Asana; SQL and Tableau preferred
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
Jobs You May Like
Neighbourhood Operations Support (Contract), UK
TAB Technician (NORESCO)
United Technologies Digital, New York
Senior Software Engineer
Andela, Kigali, Rwanda
Customer Service Expert- UK
Enjoy, Glasgow, Scotland
Stage - chargé(e) de projets opérations
Vestiaire Collective, Paris
Heal, San Diego