Trust & Safety: Critical Escalations, Sr. Manager
Instacart, San Francisco, CA
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
The Critical Escalations, Sr. Manager will report into the Director of Trust & Safety organization. The Trust & Safety team mission is to ensure ongoing stability of the Instacart Platform for shoppers, customers, & retailers through scalable solutions. As the Critical Escalations, Sr. Manager, you will partner with Trust & Safety leadership, Legal, Field Ops, and Law Enforcement to develop policies and process on the range of Trust & Safety issues that Instacart faces. In this role, you will also be responsible for ensuring positive resolutions and experiences on escalated issues throughout the Instacart community.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
This role involves owning the development and active management of our Critical Response team and will play a huge role in shaping the way Instacart thinks about and manages all escalations across North America.
- Lead associated protocol/process development, alignment, and implementation related to escalated incident times on the platform
- Drive product and content strategy related to mitigation, triage, and communication
- Build tactical response team to manage all first contacts into Instacart for all critical escalations
- Oversee and improve case management and investigations for all types of escalations
- Create a standardized framework for claims, settlements, and resolutions
- Develop and maintain strong relationships across North America with law enforcement, emergency services, and various other external strategic partners
Given the multi-faceted nature of the function, the ideal candidate has a broad understanding of Trust & Safety across numerous vectors and can apply direct experience combined with a high level of business acumen to ensure that the Instacart platform operates with the highest level of integrity for our customers, shoppers, & retail partners. Additionally, the ideal candidate possesses excellent time-management skills, the ability to communicate & present information effectively to stakeholders at all levels, a deep-seeded passion for continuous improvement & scalable product/process solutions, and an extremely strong people management background.
- Lead a team of 6 - 10 people and have total ownership of tactical response, investigations, claims, settlements, and resolutions
- Develop deep expertise on the Instacart platform experience for retailers, shoppers & customers, particularly as it relates to trust & safety risk and escalations
- Develop strategies and secure business relationships with external partners in service of building a world-class critical escalations program.
- Establish guiding principles and best practices as it relates to Instacart's approach to resolving and responding to trust & safety matters
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams to ensure all products/services meet internal and industry standards
- Define appropriate processes required to support and resolve critical escalations through data analysis and cross-functional collaboration
- Investigate incidents involving trust & safety concerns including issues related to complex damages, trauma/harm, or brand risk
- BA/BS or equivalent experience (MBA preferred)
- >5 years experience in any of the following: crisis response, dispute mitigation, emergency response management, e-commerce customer service experience (with a focus in risk management or Trust & Safety)
- Prior experience in an on-demand company a plus!
- Proven experience effectively managing multiple KPI's, projects, and initiatives in a rapidly changing environment
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to synthesize complex topics and create compelling narratives for various audiences
- Excellent team building skills and desire to help others learn and grow
- High level of accountability and ownership -- driven and focused self-starter
- Strategic mindset -- ability to think ahead of where the company is at now and scale teams, product, and processes to ensure business objectives are continuously met
- Anchors on data --- highly proficient pulling/synthesizing data and identifying trends, causation, correlation, etc
- Strong cross-functional partner — effectively collaborate with various business leaders, subject matter experts, and decision makers to develop data-driven policies, products, and models to improve performance across all facets of Trust & Safety
- Passion for improving the Instacart user experience with a focus on trust & safety
- Open to being available for on-call purposes (occasional weekend / evening escalation handling)
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
Jobs You May Like
Composites Technician / Fertigungsspezialist
Customer Success Associate (East)
Komodo Health, New York City
Mobile Retail Sales Expert
Enjoy, Little Rock, AR
Maintenance Manager - Anthem Row
Equinox, Washington DC, US
Freshly, Savage, MD
AWS DevOps Engineer- India Based
Flux7, India, Remote