Senior UX Writer
Instacart, San Francisco, CA
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
As a Senior UX Writer on the Shopper design team, you will help shape the brand and product experience for shoppers by crafting straightforward, human, and clear UX/UI copy. From ideation through implementation, you'll partner with Instacart designers, product managers, researchers, and engineers to plan and create the content for Instacart products, continually improve the content, and evolve Instacart's voice and content standards to align with our business strategy.
The perfect candidate has a versatile skill set that helps them plan and write content for web/mobile interfaces—including interaction flows, product orientations, feature names, navigational nomenclature, notifications, error messages, and more. You should be equally adept at high-level strategy and hands-on writing and have a thorough understanding of design thinking and user experience.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day...
- Plan, write, edit, test and improve content including interface language, product orientations, product nomenclature, navigational text and other content throughout Instacart experiences
- Establish and maintain content standards with consistency while evolving the Instacart voice
- Collaborate with visual designers, researchers, product managers, engineers, and marketers to serve a broad audience
- Create compelling long-term strategies that allow content to scale globally
- Share your work and give feedback to teammates
- Promote content strategy at Instacart in the broader community of design and content professionals
- 5+ years of experience working with content for web or mobile experiences
- The ability to convey complexity simply
- An understanding of information architecture, effective hierarchies, and the interplay between visual design and language
- An extremely high attention to detail and organization
- Passion for your work and for helping the backbone of Instacart, our shoppers
- Outstanding collaboration skills with the desire, passion, and patience to work cross-functionally in order to establish and meet shared organizational goals
- The ability to remain calm and focused when handling multiple projects; meets deadlines with ease and accuracy
- Comfort and enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced environment
Please include a portfolio or link to work that showcases a range of experiences from interfaces, microcopy, orientations, emails, notifications, launch materials, or style guides.
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager, Billing - Financial Solutions
Shopify, Ottawa, Canada
Product Manager - Data Foundation, Integrations
Treasure Data, Mountain View, CA
Director, Product Marketing
Managed By Q, New York, NY
Senior Fraud Specialist
Lyft, San Francisco
Rubrik, Palo Alto, CA
Director - Product Manager, Payment Security and Key Management
Visa, Bellevue WA, US