Senior Operations Manager
Instacart, Los Angeles, CA
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Operations is core to Instacart’s success, and, as such, our team moves fast and thrives on solving difficult problems. As an Senior Operations Manager, you’ll have holistic ownership of Southern California and be responsible for driving Instacart’s success in the market. This will require leading and motivating a high performing team of Area Managers, Regional Managers, Operations Managers, Site Managers, Shift Leads, and a large team of Instacart Shoppers.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
- Drive strong business performance within Southern California, including financial, operating, customer experience, productivity, growth, availability, and shopper experience
- Lead Operations team of Area Managers, Regional Managers, Operations Managers, Site Managers and Shift Leads
- Serve as the lead for national strategic initiatives to drive ongoing operational innovation, working closely with the regional General Manager, cross-functional leads, and teammates
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ideal candidates have 5+ years of experience in on-demand operations, management consulting, retail / supply chain operations, finance, or data-driven project management
- Previous people management experience, ideally managing a full team
- Superior data and analytical skills including the ability to directly perform data analysis in order to create tactical operational recommendations (Excel required, SQL preferred but not required)
- Strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate with a wide range of team members from various functions and at every level
- A predisposition to give structure to ambiguous problems
- Positive attitude and fortitude to work through ever-changing and dynamic operational conditions
- A sense of humor -- we take our work seriously but have fun doing so!
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
Jobs You May Like
Technical Solutions Executive, Construction (Dallas, TX)
PlanGrid, Dallas, TX
Last Mile Program Manager
Enjoy, London, England
Principal Software Development Engineer
Hotstar, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Partner Development Associate
Class Pass, Beijing
Production Team Member
Blue Bottle Coffee, Sacramento, CA
Senior Carbon Technical Partner, Europe