Instacart, San Francisco, CA
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
The Senior Analyst will strive to understand the dynamics of the marketplace through descriptive analysis and provide the Business Development team with answers on “how did the business perform?” and “why did it perform that way?”.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Build and analyze key metrics to uncover trends and root causes of issues
- Develop effective data visualizations and analytical solutions that provide stakeholders access to critical metrics and insights
- Work with teams across Instacart to improve data quality on our platforms
- Work independently as the key resource for day-to-day analytic needs
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- 4+ years’ work experience in a quant role at a product company
- Ability to write complex, efficient, and eloquent SQL queries to extract data
- Strong experience with data visualization tools, preferably Tableau
- Ability to write efficient and eloquent code, preferably in Python
- Ability to quickly understand business concepts and influence business decision making
- A desire to build and improve consumer software products
- Eagerness to learn, flexibility to pivot when needed, savviness to navigate and thrive in a dynamic environment, and a growth mindset needed to build a successful team and company
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director, Partner Program Management & Operations
SmartThings, Mountain View, CA
Software Engineer in Test
Payoneer, New York
Store Ambassador, Wish Local (Contractor)
Wish, Rio de Janeiro
Commercial Account Executive - France
Director, New Business
Carrot Creative, Brooklyn, New York
x.ai, New York