Trust & Safety Team Lead, Fraud
Instacart, San Francisco, CA
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
We are seeking an organized, analytical, and highly motivated individual to join Instacart’s Trust & Safety organization, focusing on customer fraud-related activity. The team takes data-driven, customer-first approaches to identifying patterns fraudulent-related activity on the platform, while implementing effective countermeasures to prevent and mitigate at scale, as well as ensuring world class customer support for affected customers. The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, has a knack for uncovering unusual patterns and is passionate about investigating further to identify the origin of the issue. In this role, you will need to make critical & sensitive decisions quickly, while maintaining strong attention to detail and effectively communicating with various stakeholders (Business Development, Product, Engineering, Finance, Field Operations, etc). It’s important to understand that you will be operating in a very dynamic environment which requires always having an eye towards improvement.
What You'll Be Doing
This role involves the management of our Customer Fraud team within the Trust & Safety org and will play a critical role in shaping the way Instacart thinks about and manages fraud across the platform, having ownership across the following areas:
- Customer communication & reconciliation (Zendesk)
- Live fraud monitoring (chargebacks, incentive/coupon/promo abuse, etc)
- Other (ATO, phishing attacks, etc)
Given the multi-faceted nature of the function, the ideal candidate has a deep understanding of Fraud across numerous vectors and can apply direct experience combined with a high level of business acumen to ensure that the Instacart platform operates with the highest level of integrity for our customers, shoppers, & retail partners and that the associated cost of fraudulent activity is kept to a minimum. Additionally, the ideal candidate possesses excellent time-management skills, the ability to communicate & present information effectively to stakeholders at all levels, a deep-seeded passion for continuous improvement & scalable product/process solutions, and a strong people management background.
What You Should Already Have
- 4+ years of Fraud experience in related e-commerce / marketplace/ on-demand field
- Deep understanding of the entire chargeback workflow (sources, disputes, payment systems, bank processes, etc), as well as working knowledge of common fraud-prevention platforms and systems.
- Direct experience managing multi-tiered teams and desire to help others learn and grow
- Proven experience effectively managing multiple KPI's, projects, and initiatives in a rapidly changing environment
- Anchors on data --- extremely strong data background; highly proficient pulling/synthesizing data and identifying trends, causation, correlation, etc (high level SQL preferred)
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to synthesize complex topics and create compelling narratives for various audiences
- High level of accountability and ownership -- driven and focused self-starter
- Strategic mindset -- ability to think ahead of where the company is at now and scale teams, products, and processes to ensure business objectives are continuously met
- Ability to effectively partner with multiple levels
- Strong cross-functional partner — effectively collaborate with various business leaders, subject matter experts, and decision makers to develop data-driven policies, products, and models to improve performance across all facets of Risk
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
Jobs You May Like
Satellogic, Buenos Aires