Manager, Technical Operations & Production Support
Instacart, Toronto, Ontario Canada
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
ABOUT THE JOB
- Responsible for supporting production systems and processes for Instacart products; minimizing downtime, interruption and customer impact.
- Provide direction and leadership to the Production Support team
- Attract, hire, train, and retain high-performing technology operations professionals
- Provide real-time solutions to B2B partner issues, with the ability to work with imperfect information
- Build and foster strong relationships with our B2B partners, and support them by working side by side with product, engineering and strategic partner management
- Take ownership of responding to inquiries, issues, and escalations
- Perform problem-solving, diagnosing, root cause analysis, and generate corrective action plans for issues
- Define and implement alert & monitoring across all product lines, ensuring that there is internal awareness of potential issues and proactive communication to our partners
- Coordinate and execute internal projects to better improve the support process
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years of work experience in the management of technology initiatives, including implementing and launching new solutions and supporting multiple product lines in a production environment
- 3+ years of people management experience, bonus points if you have managed managers
- The ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Experience in building and maturing engineering teams and infrastructure
- Strong analytical skills and a sense of ownership
- Ability to communicate effectively to executive stakeholders
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.