Instacart, San Francisco, CA - Remote, US Based
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It’s an industry that’s been around for centuries. Food itself, however, has been a constant in people’s lives since the beginning of time. Yes, sustenance is essential, but it’s also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it’s a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Design Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone and finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
ABOUT THE JOB
We’re seeking creative problem solvers that can untangle complex problems and deliver polished, delightful products for our customers, shoppers, and retailers. You’ll use your full range of skills including strategic design, interaction design, and visual design to solve problems and craft amazing experiences. You’ll partner with research, product, data science, engineering, and content strategy to identify new opportunities, create and test concepts, and deliver end-to-end solutions that are functional, usable, and totally lovable.
- 5+ years of experience as a product designer/UX designer in a relevant industry
- Fluency in the latest product design trend, tools and technology cross platform
- You love fast-paced environments
- You are curious, and willing to go above and beyond the job description
- You are a generalist who can drive the design process end to end
- You are detail-oriented while being able to see the big picture
- You make a great thought partner with the cross-functional teams
- You are an excellent storyteller and communicator
- You exude can-do attitude and enthusiasm
- You are self-aware and humble
- Strong portfolio showcasing the problem solving skill and high design caliber; you MUST provide a link to your portfolio (and password if applicable) to be considered for this role
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
File hosting service