Instacart, Philadelphia, PA
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
This position is located in Philadelphia
Instacart is building the best way for people anywhere in the world to shop for groceries. Since Instacart started in 2012, we’ve launched same-day delivery in 200 US markets. We are laser focused on delivering groceries from your favorite stores right to your door. We now cover over 60% of US households and aim to have 80% coverage by the end 2018—that's 90 million households! From a technology point of view, the platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time all of the time. Our technology coupled with operational expertise enables Instacart to deliver fresh groceries in as little as an hour. This is a difficult problem to master and we are making it happen. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is absolutely magical.
This Shift Lead drives Instacart's success inside our partnered grocery stores by leading a team of in-store staff to create and maintain the Instacart Experience for our customers. The shift lead provides guidance and oversight of in-store operations with direction from the Local Operations Teams to deliver perfect orders every time.
We need motivated and experienced leaders to help us deliver a magical experience to our amazing customers. Join us!
Team Building (60%)
- Welcome new team members
- Train new and current shoppers
- Encourage positive work environment
- Lead by example!
Assist with In-Store Operations (30%)
- Put our customers first by ensuring that orders are accurately and efficiently fulfilled
- Communicate effectively with the Instacart Operations Team regarding store and shopper relations
Partner/Customer Communications (5%)
- Maintain a strong and positive relationship with the management team at our partner stores through regular communication and feedback
Problem Solving (5%)
- Act quickly and respond to store, shopper or customer issues
- Brainstorm new process improvements
- Customer service and retail experience (2+ years)
- Access to the use of a car is highly recommended
- Experience working in diverse teams (1+ year)
- Strong motivational and leadership skills
- Ability to deliver customer service that exceeds customer needs
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills; organization, planning, and prioritization skills
- Qualified applicants must be able to do the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
- Lift up to 50 lbs regularly throughout shift
- Remain standing or walking, including up and down stairs, during shift
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Sales Ambassador The Summit at Fritz Farm
Lush Cosmetics, Lexington, KY, USA
Customer Service Representative - Tech/Web Support
Endurance International Group, Loveland, CO
sweetgreen, Maryland/Washington, DC
Associate Manager - Customer Experience
Eventbrite, Cork, Ireland
Sales Specialist (Part Time) - Brooklyn
rag & bone, Brooklyn, NY
Senior Sales Ambassador - Park Royal Village
Lush Cosmetics, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada