Design Program Manager
Instacart, San Francisco, CA
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It’s an industry that’s been around for centuries. Food itself, however, has been a constant in people’s lives since the beginning of time. Yes, sustenance is essential, but it’s also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it’s a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Design Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone and finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Design Program Manager, you'll manage the design of feature development and execution across mobile & web applications. You will be joining a team that supports Instacart's growing portfolio of products and features. This team is responsible for creating the core product experiences that will be the foundation for our Consumer platform.
In this role you will help drive, communicate and implement Instacart’s passion for design — this includes driving the creation of best practices, collaborating with product design, product management and engineers and work closely with our Design Leadership to coordinate efforts across concurrent launch cycles
- Drive product design initiatives within and between Design, Product Management, Legal, Brand, Marketing, and Engineering teams.
- Coordinate software build releases with internal stakeholders.
- Develop strategy for engaging Design team with numerous Product Management and Engineering teams.
- Prioritize feature definition, facilitate and coordinate UX design research and implementation, and drive execution.
- Manage external vendors, contractors, and developers as needed to support product deliverables.
- Participate in and help facilitate design brainstorming and work sessions
- Communicate with engineers through the implementation phase to realize design vision
- You are detail-oriented while being able to see the big picture
- You make a great thought partner with the cross-functional teams
- You are an excellent storyteller and communicator
- You exude can-do attitude and enthusiasm
- You are self-aware and humble
- 5+ years experience in program management.
- 5+ years of experience in managing interactive, design, and/or creative projects .
- Meticulous sense of detail
- Demonstrates the ability to work confidently through partnerships with Product Design, Product Management, User Research, Brand, and Engineering
- Experience in allocating team members accordingly against shifting priorities.
- Experience with bug tracking software, apps release processes, and software support needs.
- Ability to understand and discuss technical topics, requirements, and limitations related to software development.
- Ability to drive feature definition from ambiguity
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.