Director, Advertising Analytics
Instacart, Chicago, IL
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
At Instacart we solve for the customer. That extends beyond the hundreds of thousands of consumers we deliver groceries and to the many leading and emerging consumer packaged goods (CPG) advertisers that want to shape how consumers perceive, shop, and stay loyal to their brands. Instacart’s Brand Partnerships team is focused on serving these clients through our native advertising platform. We are looking for a director of advertising analytics to serve some of the largest advertisers in the world by helping them better extend and improve the performance of their multi-million dollar media budgets through effective plans and strategies. This role will tap into one of the largest pools of first-party data in the grocery ecommerce space to help build measurement models in service of these clients.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Partner with Instacart’s largest consumer packaged good (CPG) advertisers at the executive level to identify ways to increase the effectiveness of multi-million dollar advertising budgets deployed through Instacart’s dynamically priced ad auction
- Develop strategic plans with advertisers outlining UPC coverage, keywords, bids, and seasonal trends to help achieve advertiser goals such as sales and share growth and new customer acquisition while maximizing return on investment and, consequently, media budget growth
- Build a team of analysts and optimization managers to better understand how to impact advertising budget growth and make recommendations in partnership with Instacart’s Brand Partnership Sales team
- Expand media budgets from existing large customers, some of the largest advertisers in the world
- Shape Instacart’s advertising roadmap in partnership with Product, Sales, and Account Management teams
- Partner with Data Science and Data Engineering in structuring the underlying first-party data both from our ad platform and consumer experience to develop new insights about our advertisers’ business
- 7 - 9 years experience with a focus in digital advertising. Preferred direct experience from eCommerce, publishing, or a digital agency focused in these verticals
- Has led teams of analysts and data scientists, with a mix of both client-facing and supporting members
- Experience presenting to executives at large advertisers with tens of millions of advertising media budgets at their disposal. Preferred experience with CPGs but any large advertising vertical is welcome (automotive, telco, retail, financial services)
- Proficiency in developing or directing the development of analytical models to measure the effectiveness of media spend
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart shoppers offer same-day delivery and pickup services to bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada. We have partnered with more than 350 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America, and are available to more than 85% of U.S. households and 70% of Canadian households. Instacart's cutting-edge enterprise technology also powers the e-commerce platforms of some of the world's biggest retail players, supporting their white-label websites, applications, and delivery solutions.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
391 Active Jobs
High-energy group fitness in your living room