Senior Data Scientist
Instacart, San Francisco, CA
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
You will be joining a growing data science team and will tackle some of the most challenging and impactful problems that are transforming how people buy groceries every day. You will be embedded within our data-driven product team as a trusted partner in uncovering barriers in the product’s usability and utilize these insights to inform product improvements that drive angle-changing growth. We’re looking for a self-driven, strategic thinker who can hit the ground running to ultimately influence decision-making across the entire organization.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
- Proactively conduct quantitative research and analysis of Instacart’s data that results in actionable insights and recommendations
- Own identifying key questions, problems, KPIs and develop analytical frameworks to monitor and improve our product and the experience of our customers and shoppers
- Own the development of statistical models on large datasets to extract trends, measure results and outcomes, and predict future performance of our product
- Own the design of rigorous experiments and interpret the results to draw detailed and actionable conclusions
- Present findings to stakeholders and leadership teams at Instacart to influence and strengthen business decisions
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
- Provide access to data through dashboards and other analytical tools to empower your team through self-service
- Strategize and look for opportunities to automate insights through alerting and anomaly detection
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- 3-10 years work experience in a quant role at a product company or research organization
- Ability to quickly understand business concepts and influence product decision making
- A desire to build and improve consumer software products
- Ability to write complex, efficient, and eloquent SQL queries to extract data
- Ability to write efficient and eloquent code in Python (preferred), R, or C/C++
- Ability to run rigorous experiments and come up with scientifically sound recommendations
- Eagerness to learn, flexibility to pivot when needed, savviness to navigate and thrive in a dynamic environment, and a growth mindset needed to build a successful team and company
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
Jobs You May Like
Technical Lead, HRIS
Medallia, Pleasanton, CA, USA
Apprentice | Consumer Engagement | Strategy
The Marketing Arm, Dallas
Optimizely, San Francisco CA, US
Mechanical Product Design Engineer
Shield AI, San Diego, California
Senior Software Engineer - Backend/Data