Product Manager, Ads
Instacart, San Francisco, CA
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It’s an industry that’s been around for centuries. Food itself, however, has been a constant in people’s lives since the beginning of time. Yes, sustenance is crucial, but it’s also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It provides a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it’s a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Product Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone. By helping take care of the shopping, we help people get good food and give them back time, so they can do what matters most to them. We’re finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
We're hiring a team of product leaders who will define and execute on our vision of being the world leader in online grocery. You'll work among star engineers, designers, data scientists and operators in a fast-growing environment. The role demands a mix of critical thinking, well-honed product sense, and technical depth.
ABOUT THE JOB
Instacart Ads help brands attract and engage customers at every stage of their shopping experience — from initial keyword search to aisle browsing through checkout. Our vision is to modernize the grocery store by offering brands of all sizes an equal opportunity to reach potential customers. As a Product Manager you will:
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineering, design, research, data science, operations, marketing, local markets, and more.
- Drive product definition, strategy, and long term vision for initiatives across audiences of our marketplace, enabling brand to reach consumers through innovative experiences
- Identify the biggest problems and drive new feature development from start to finish
- Run user research, usability studies, data-driven experiments to inform product direction
- Build, measure, and iterate rapidly
- Consistently integrate behavior data and customer feedback into key product decisions
- Communicate product plans, benefits and results to all audiences - within teams, company, to users, press etc.
- 4+ years in Product Management at a technology company, ideally working on ad problems
- Experience building cross-platform experiences (native, mobile web, desktop)
- Experience delivering impactful products and features that are heavily informed by data as well as user research
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems by crafting customer-first solutions and thinking from first principles
- Strong data driven problem solving skills
- Passion for building products that unlock value for people who are business users
- Experience influencing the Executive Team members on key strategy and cross-functional initiatives
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.