Engineering Manager, Advertiser Platform
Instacart, Toronto, ON - Remote
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
OVERVIEWOur Instacart Ads Engineering team is seeking a leader for our Ads Insight team.
The Toronto Ads teams are owners of the advertiser experience and we are looking to bring our advertiser platform to the next level. You will be building best-in-class features, insightful analytics and intelligent suggestions so that advertisers can reach their goals easily and effectively. You will be defining the future of advertising in the relatively new online grocery space, touching many different technologies.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will manage a full-stack engineering team and manage the development of advertiser-facing features and API.
- You will collaborate cross-functionally with Product, Data Science, Business Development, Design, as well as other engineering teams within and beyond the Ads organization.
- You will help prioritize work for your team, making difficult tradeoffs on design based on business constraints, ensuring on-time deliverables and high-quality software.
- You will provide hands-on technical management, guidance, and support including system/design/code review, and ultimately be responsible for the health of the systems your team builds.
- You will participate in interviewing, hiring decisions, on-boarding, and mentoring of new engineers with the goal of quickly making them productive members of your team.
- You will develop a team culture of ownership that reinforces the core values of Instacart!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience managing a team of software engineers
- A strong understanding of engineering systems and experience with full-stack development, cloud computing and BigData technologies
- Knowledge of industry best practices for building large scale and highly reliable consumer applications
- Strong analytical skills and a sense of ownership
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.