Director of Product Management (Marketplace)
Instacart, San Francisco, CA - Remote, US Based
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
The Instacart Product Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone. By helping take care of the shopping, we help people get great food and give them back time so they can do what matters most to them. We’re finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
We are looking for a seasoned PM leader to manage the the team through the next phase of Instacart’s growth. This will include working with company leadership to lay out a long term product and technical strategy, managing the team of PMs who will drive executing that strategy, and successfully hiring and developing senior PM talent. Instacart is a rapidly growing, fast-moving company, and the right candidate will be able to balance near term operational needs with long term foundational investments. PM Directors also play a major role in building the Product discipline at Instacart—the right candidate will be excited about contributing to the broader functional organization, both by mentoring other PMs, and by helping to shape Instacart’s Product process and team culture.
ABOUT THE JOB
Instacart’s Marketplace team is responsible for keeping demand and supply in balance across our platform, while also building the foundation to make new features and business lines possible. The team’s machine learning engineers, data scientists, and PMs build systems that perform critical Marketplace Dynamics and Logistics functions, including:
- Forecasting customer demand
- Forecasting shopper supply
- Optimally batching customer orders, matching them with shoppers, and planning delivery routes
- Dynamically setting batch payment offers for shoppers
- Dynamically pricing delivery windows
- Evolving our customer-facing delivery options to drive conversion
- Building systems to support new offerings, including Instacart’s geographical and vertical expansions
The ideal candidate will have strong quantitative and marketplace skills—ideally demonstrated through prior successful ownership of a marketplace or heavily ML-driven product. Candidates must have prior experience managing teams of senior product managers, with a demonstrated record of talent development and industry hiring.
- BA/BS degree, MBA/MS preferred.
- 8+ years of relevant product management at late/growth stage startup or established technology company
- Experience with marketplaces or e-commerce
- 5+ years of progressive leadership experience, hiring and managing an exceptional team of Product Managers
- Experience delivering impactful products and features that are heavily informed by data as well as user research
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems by creating customer and shopper first solutions and thinking from these principles
- Ability to influence the executive team on key strategy and cross-functional initiatives
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.