Instacart, San Francisco, CA
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
Objective is to leverage data to produce actionable insights around our clients’ performance on Instacart, in order to increase advertiser investment, and engagement with our platform.
- Help them drive category and brand conversion
- Help them build and understand a profile of the ecommerce consumer for their brands
- Help Instacart’s sales team drive more advertising investment through opportunity identification and delivery of actionable insights
- Become a ‘trusted advisor’ on how to win in ecommerce!
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will partner with Senior Sales Leaders to drive business performance of our most important clients.
- You will build best practices, analytical play books, case studies, and innovative approaches to become an industry thought leader on how consumers shop for products online.
- You will partner with the Director of Insights and key CPG leaders to develop new approaches to understanding Instacarts’ unique data set, encompassing hundreds of retailers, and millions of consumers.
- You will lead a team of 6 Insight Managers who are responsible for 2-5 key CPG partners. These talented insight managers focus on:
- Identifying the key business drivers for our CPG Partners, quantify their impact on the business, deliver business insights, and make actionable recommendations to grow the business
- Integrating consumer and customer insight to better inform targeted strategies, plans and decisions
- Working independently as the key day to day resource for all CPG partner analytic needs, often presenting directly to senior CPG ecommerce leadership.
- Integrating data from a variety of sources to identify key trends and emerging solutions for the partner and customer
- Applying the full suite of tools and metrics available against business issues including but not limited to:
- Sales, share, distribution, assortment, etc
- Basket analytics such as cross shop, penetration, affinities, etc
- Customer analytics such as trial/repeat, conversion, buy rate, LTV, Lapsed Users, etc
- Going beyond the data and craft compelling storylines to engage our partners
- 8+ years consumer packaged goods industry experience; category management experience and/or e-commerce experience a plus
- Experience coaching/leading a team
- Client focused. External client focus is a must.
- Strong analytic / problem solving capabilities
- Strong experience with Excel, Tableau and/or Periscope, and Google Suite
- Ability to draw conclusions from large amounts of data and summarize findings in concise manner
- Detail oriented with ability to produce accurate work quickly & efficiently
- Good project management and training skills
- Ability to comprehend and sell concepts within the context of Brand Partnerships
- Minimum Bachelor's degree
- Understanding of application of primary and secondary research to drive recommendations and enhance strategic nature of partnerships
- Leadership skills in identification of and addressing business opportunities
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
Help the world share their story