Strategy & BizOps Manager
Instacart, San Francisco, CA
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
Instacart’s Strategy & BizOps team moves fast to set direction for our organization and solve Instacart’s toughest cross-functional problems. This is a rare opportunity to impact a fast-growing, high-potential startup, with high visibility into Instacart’s Product, Operations, Consumer, Engineering, Business Development and Analytics teams.
You will be the primary point of contact for our leadership team on critical questions related to Instacart’s near-term and long-term success. You will need to solve for multiple priorities (growth, efficiency, quality, just to name a few) and consider various stakeholders (customers, shoppers, advertisers, and retailers). Each week will bring you a new set of projects and challenges, where success is measured by data-driven outcomes -- you will have the satisfaction of seeing the results of your work and earning the gratitude of your peers while growing your career and learning the ins-and outs of a cutting edge tech startup.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Lead critical cross-functional initiatives to identify and quantify strategic growth opportunities and operational improvements, design sustainable solutions, and persuade and align varying audiences during change management initiatives of your own, turning your strategic recommendations into reality
- Develop a rigorous and detailed understanding of the P&L by geography, user type, product and retailer to drive growth, retention, product & pricing strategies
- Identify and triage multiple priorities, issues, and roadblocks facing the company using your experience leveraging data for business impact
- Serve as the primary cross-functional liaison between Instacart’s Product, Engineering, Analytics, Operations, Business Development & Finance teams
- Work experience in a relevant field with demonstrated cross-functional and collaborative project or team management experience, and a track record of leveraging data for business impact. This is a great opportunity for those with experience in Consulting, Banking, Private Equity, Corporate Strategy, or similar roles
- Experience building and managing lean teams with outsized company impact
- A history of identifying and developing business cases for strategic growth opportunities and operational improvements and elegantly executing projects from proposal to implementation
- A self-starter with the ability to quickly respond to problems independently and proactively address conflicting stakeholder requirements to achieve creative compromise
- Ability to deep dive into data, identify and quantify opportunities, and design sustainable improvements and solutions. Proficient in advanced Excel; working knowledge of SQL preferred
- Polished communication skills and comfort working with senior leadership
- Passion for creating a best-in-class experience for Instacart’s customers & shoppers
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price