Lead Learning Business Partner
Instacart, San Francisco, CA
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
At Instacart, we believe in setting up our employees for success and investing in their development so they can operate at their best, drive results, and grow with the company. We are looking for a Learning Business Partner to be the talent development strategist and lead for our business verticals.
You are a skilled consultant, facilitator and design thinker. You’ll need to build and deliver programs and projects that achieve business results, and drive personal career development and fulfillment. You are known for driving results through partnering deeply with stakeholders, building and operating robust programs, and seeing initiatives to successful completion.
This role will require you to collaborate intimately with Program Managers on the Instacart People Development Team, HRBPs, and cross-functional partners to launch these initiatives. You will need to organize effectively, communicate clearly, think creatively, challenge convention, and in some cases reinvent how work is done. It will require you to roll up your sleeves and dig in. While direct prior experience is always valued, you are fundamentally a problem solver and enjoy finding and applying the right solution for the situation at hand.
We are headquartered in San Francisco and Toronto but open to this role being remote.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Partner with business leaders, HRBPs, and the People Development team to understand the needs of the Instacart community. Take ownership of identifying opportunities, scoping out potential solutions, and driving towards action
- Design, develop, and deliver engaging, creative, and impactful virtual, in-person, and blended learning experiences to improve individual and team performance and development
- Create a diverse learning environment that goes beyond typical e-learning exercises through a range of mediums. Connect and engage the Instacart community through engaging communications and learning events. Anticipate emerging trends, interests and needs in learning and development.
- Present and facilitate virtual and in-person classroom learning experiences that drive behavior change and impact
- Partner with and coach speakers on content to ensure a high standard of delivery
- Own and manage reporting and administration on talent development in your respective business verticals
ABOUT THE YOU
- 10+ years of experience in technology Learning & Development and/or adult learning environments
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining scalable programs across multiple business verticals
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels of employees, management, and leadership
- Skilled at developing plans that are aligned with both the organizational and talent strategy as well as navigating ambiguity when priorities change
- Demonstrated ability to run a needs analysis in order to determine the most relevant learning objectives for a discrete population
- Experienced facilitator, comfortable presenting to groups both virtually and in person
- Deep understanding of learning theory and training principles, tools, and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of design thinking strategies, instructional design, resource creation, and communications for optimal adoption.
- Strong consultative, relationship building, interpersonal and influence skills, and will be effective at quickly establishing credibility and collaborating with others.
- Skilled in instructional design and learning content curation
- Able to rally people around a shared goal, project plan - great program and process leader who thinks holistically about the talent lifecycle
- Possess a growth mindset; seeks feedback for improvement and uses candor when presenting new ideas and/or challenging others
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.