Director, Technical Accounting
Instacart, San Francisco, CA
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
As the Director, Technical Accounting within the Corporate Accounting department, this role’s responsibilities include the research and communication of technical accounting issues and navigation of new business initiatives, and their corresponding accounting implications. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, a great communicator and enjoys collaborating with people with a diverse set of talents, in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Assessment and implementation of all technical accounting topics impacting the company, including evaluation, documentation, and communication of all new accounting standards and financial reporting trends
- Ensure annual and quarterly financial statements are prepared accurately, timely and presented in accordance with GAAP
- Lead the day-to-day coordination of external audit work
- Key participant in month-end close, reporting, and account reconciliation process
- Coordinate and manage the execution of external and internal audit procedures related to financial reporting and technical accounting topics
- Develop relationships and work closely with external auditors, business leaders and senior management to ensure communication of critical issues in a timely manner
- Lead internal control documentation implementation and compliance process with respect to new accounting guidance implementation, and financial statement preparation
- Responsible for identifying, benchmarking, and documenting accounting and disclosure-related matters
- Create and maintain external reporting calendar, coordinating key timelines and deliverables, and proactively manage cross-functional information gathering activities
- Participate in special projects and perform additional duties as required
- 10+ years of experience in Accounting and/or Audit
- 5+ years of experience leading reporting and technical accounting functions, preferably for an SEC registrant
- Big 4 audit firm experience
- CPA (or equivalent) required
- Experience with high-growth companies, ideally with online platform businesses
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Oracle experience a plus
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills; ability to query large data sets desirable
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!