Senior Project Manager, Business Solutions
Instacart, San Francisco, CA
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
We are seeking a seasoned Business Solutions Senior Project Manager to join our Finance team and assist in optimization of Systems and functional areas including all systems that have Financial or Statistical impact to the Instacart’s Platform, Billing, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Tax, Financial Accounting and Reporting functions as well as the upstream systems that impact transactions that flow through them. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with building and scaling these functional areas and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You will be a key leader within the Financial Systems department to facilitate achievement of the department’s short-term goals and long-term objectives
ABOUT THE JOB
- Lead enterprise level technical projects and facilitate creation of automated solutions across Product, Engineering, Finance and Accounting, Tax, Legal, Human Resources, and Business Development functions
- Coordinate Instacart team with customers for discovery sessions, design sessions, and requirements gathering up to and including formal sign off from both sides
- Drive all aspects of project and solution work including pushing to value proposition and problem statements and creation of fully vetted project charters
- Facilitate large scale cross functional requirements, design, testing sessions
- Lead implementations of large scalable solutions to solve complex problems in a high transactional environment
- Organize executive summaries for updates of critical projects
- Proactively identify project risks and organize mitigation plan to solve prior to project impact
- Ability to prioritize initiatives and projects that directly align with OKRs and core business objectives
- Partner with Business teams to solve manual problems with scalable iterative solutions
- Manage, track, and adhere to deadlines and project plans to allow for timely delivery of large scale projects and milestones
- Plan and implement quality assurance practices and controls for solutions
- Minimize risk to the company by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls
- Understand and document complex business processes to create transparency and allow for tracking iterations
- Regularly create artifacts for charters, process flows, business requirements, project plans, testing and validation evidence, SOPs, and meeting minutes to support work product
- Proactively communicate with leadership and key stakeholders the team’s plans, progress, results, and resource needs for work assigned
- Ensure the protection of company assets and the adherence to related laws and tax obligations by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing appropriate policies and procedures
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- 8 + years in positions equivalent Senior Project Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree and PM Certifications
- Proficiency in process management and collaboration tools such as Jira, Slack, Confluence, Google; Experience pulling data, either using SQL or from logs
- High level of current knowledge and experience with multiple systems in a high transactional business
- Proven accomplishments of delivered large scale cross functional initiatives that bridge technical, financial, tax, legal, and sales teams
- Ability to articulate complex technical problems to stakeholders from different areas of the business and guide discussions to actionable outcomes
- Outstanding relationship building skills, with a clear ability to inspire change, manage conflict, bring together disparate points of view, and apply accountability up and down the organization hierarchy
- Strong understanding of technical concepts, financial concepts, tax compliance, common accounting practices, and system solutioning
- A proven ability to perform strategic planning and priority setting
- A proven track record for enhancing process efficiencies and solving problems
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Solid leadership skills that support Instacart’s goals of developing talent and promoting internal values
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for Instacart
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.