Senior Manager of Federal Affairs
Instacart, Washington, DC
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
Instacart’s Policy & Government Affairs department advocates for public policy outcomes that support the long-term growth of our business and the success of our key stakeholders. We build trust with government policymakers, helping them understand our business and its positive impact on their communities. We help to shape complex, cutting-edge public policy debates that will define the future of work and e-commerce. We engage a diverse coalition of stakeholders and communities to build effective advocacy campaigns that advance our public policy goals. We help the company see around corners to anticipate and adjust to rapidly evolving political and regulatory landscapes.
The Senior Manager of Federal Affairs reports to the Director of Federal Affairs and will engage directly with Congress, the Executive Branch, and other federal government stakeholders to build Instacart’s presence in Washington, DC.
About the Job
- Build relationships with key policymakers and other influential federal government-oriented stakeholders
- Educate policymakers on the value of Instacart’s business to their constituents and the ecommerce landscape
- Craft and execute legislative, regulatory and political strategies to achieve federal policy goals
- Prepare for Congressional hearings, federal agency rulemaking and other federal legislative and regulatory proceedings
- Represent Instacart in national trade associations and industry coalitions
- Build third party political, advocacy and industry allies to support strategic policy objectives
- Collaborate with Policy Research and Development team to create federal policy solutions
- Work with Public Engagement team to build comprehensive federal advocacy campaigns for key legislative priorities
- You have 8+ years of federal government, policy or corporate government relations experience
- You have established Congressional and Executive branch relationships and you confidently interact with elected officials and executives alike
- You have a deep understanding of Congressional lawmaking and federal regulatory processes
- You are a strategic thinker with polished oral and written presentation skills
- You thrive under pressure and can balance long and short-term priorities to deliver results
- You are resourceful and entrepreneurial with a bias towards action
- Bonus points if you have expertise in labor/workforce, ecommerce or tech policy
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
The best bed for better sleep