Senior Employment Counsel
Instacart, San Francisco, CA
Groceries and home essentials delivered from local stores in 1 hour
Instacart is seeking a talented and self-motivated Senior Employment Counsel to join our rapidly growing legal team! You must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment, prioritize a dynamic and varied workload, and possess excellent judgment. You’ll also need to be proactive and engaged, able to work well cross-functionally both internally and externally, excited about technology and e-commerce, and ready to roll up your sleeves and dig into tough problems.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Partnering closely with Human Resources and business partners to evaluate legal risks and provide subject matter knowledge on a broad range of employment issues, including wage and hour, recruiting and hiring, training, employee management, investigations, and HR/ER best practices
- Drafting and revising a variety of employment-related agreements and other written content such as offer letters, contractor agreements, vendor agreements, and more
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to structure contractor and employment law compliance across multiple jurisdictions and manage legal risks
- Handling and resolving employment claims and litigation, including managing outside counsel
- Resolving disputes in an efficient and cost effective manner
- Thinking ahead, seeing around corners, and helping to prepare for and address contractor and employment issues that may arise in the future
- J.D. from a top-tier law school and membership with at least one state bar (preferably California)
- A minimum of 8 years of related experience working on employment litigation and counseling matters (prior in-house experience preferred)
- Deep experience with employment laws in multiple states (including California) and Canada across a wide range of issues
- Demonstrated success in strategizing, handling and managing complex disputes to successful resolution
- Proven track record of providing pragmatic and reasoned advice to HR and business partners
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to efficiently handle and organize multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment
- Devise legal solutions in novel ways
- Able to make quick but informed decisions and to advocate for a position
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves, get into the legal nitty gritty, and the ability to exercise sound judgment when approaching novel problems without clear answers
You can choose from a variety of local stores including Whole Foods, Safeway, Costco, Mariano's and many more, as well as being able to mix items from multiple stores into one order. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is nothing short of magical.
Want to learn more about Instacart? Visit Instacart's website.
A monthly box of dog goodies
Jobs You May Like
Business Operations Associate
Flexport, Atlanta, GA, United States, Los Angeles, CA, United State...